cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielaMKE
Dog fanatic

Chewing Toy Thread!

Someone recommended different threads for different specialties. What are your favorite chewing toys?

Mine are:

+ Planet Dog Orbee-tuff Toys
+ Benebone Flavored Chews
+ Goughnuts Tough Toys
+ West Paw Hurley Zogoflex

5 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Chewing Toy Thread!

Great idea, @DanielaMKE! My dog loves anything with a squeaker (no specific brand) so I subscribe to Bark Box.  They always have at least one or two squeaker toys, and my dog Maple looks forward to its arrival each month.  

Highlighted

I mostly buy Kong heavy duty (black) chew toys. I buy a few of the regular Kong shaped ones, but mostly I buy the medium and large sized bone shaped ones. They are nearly indestructable.

I also love my barkbox. For the first month I keep the toys in my room for just my dog to enjoy and then when the next box comes in I sacrifice the old toys to the living room to be mutilated in games of dog vs dog tug of war. Luckily Nefi isn't very destructive to toys on her own, but the barkbox toys are usually really great quality anyways and often become toys on their own once outside destroyed (like a ball inside of a stuffed animal. 

Also, can't beat 2 great quality toys, 2 high quality treat bags, and a chew for $16-24/month (depending on subscription type)!

0 Kudos

My dog destroys any toy with a squeaker.  It's the "challenge" to get the squeaker out and make a mess.  The toys with the tough chew technology (or whaterver it's called) takes him an extra day or two to destroy.  Kongs seem to be the best and not destructable along with the Hertz chew bones that help clean teeth.  He prefers to "chew" instead of play with a toy.  Pig ears is one of his favorites.

0 Kudos
feliciaw
Dog fanatic

All of my dogs have done well with water buffalo horns. Hard to wear down, hollow for filling as desired, and no shattering or pointed ends to worry about, just mild flaking that's harmless if swallowed. Always my go to recommendation for the destructive chewers or the dogs that like to eat their chews .