cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does it feel like the Dog Days of Summer to you?

The Phx, AZ has already hit the 107 temp!  Sure feels like the Dog Days of Summer around here!  How are the temps where you live?

https://www.farmersalmanac.com/why-are-they-called-dog-days-of-summer-21705

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Does it feel like the Dog Days of Summer to you?

Wow, 107 already?  That's crazy HOT!  Here in Seattle, it reached the mid-70s over the weekend, so definitely nowhere near AZ temps, but still warm for the season by PNW standards.  

I find that I'm already having to monitor my Frenchie's exercise level (they're very prone to over-heating!)

Dana
Dog fanatic

I'm in Houston, the temp here reached 95 yesterday, first time above 90 degrees this year.   Spring will be over very soon.  I'm not looking forward to July-August.

I watch the pups very closely so they don't over heat.  I keep pet parents updated as to the temps.  Very early morning is OK for the pups to take for a quick romp in the greenbelt but by 10am it's out to potty and back inside.   

0 Kudos
DiMaso
Champ

103 today in Las Vegas

Yep!  Keep a close eye on the pups when outside so they don't over heat and keep their paws off roads & sidewalks.

0 Kudos
Crystalbelle234
Dog fanatic

@4pawsvacations wrote:

The Phx, AZ has already hit the 107 temp!  Sure feels like the Dog Days of Summer around here!  How are the temps where you live?

https://www.farmersalmanac.com/why-are-they-called-dog-days-of-summer-21705

Actually, here in the SFBA, temperature is lower than the higher. We still have to take steps to stay warm. There is a lot of mist every where and it’s just lovely 😊 Scout is a senior and he likes napping 😴 when we do go for a walk; he enjoyed the pleasure.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Derek
Champ

102 in Houston this week...

0 Kudos