cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mariya

How many updates and photos?

Hello Rover community! 

How often do you typically send an owner pictures and updates? I want to keep them updated but don’t want to annoy them with too many! Is 1-2 each day a safe bet? 

Thanks so much! 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
OCdogcare
Top dog

Re: How many updates and photos?

Every owner's preferences are different- some don't really need a lot of updates and some do. In time, you'll discover who wants what. I'd suggest always 1-2 daily is good idea. 

WaltG
Top dog

I agree 1-2 is more than enough for most clients 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
VivianaR
Champ

You can ask during the meet and greet how many pictures/videos is the owner interested. Every client has different needs, you will encounter clients that need several updates (is important you make clear how many updates you are going to send)  because is very common to find very clingy clients. 

Usually, I send 3 updates through the day when I wake up,  middle day and before bedtime.  If I'm very busy, I send 2 updates and some owners that specifically ask me 1 update because they are out of the country.

CindyG
Champ

So far, for the most part my clients have been satisfied with 2 photos/day, and one daily update.  I do bring up anything that is off, just to keep them in the loop.

With a couple of clients, I noted they wanted more.  I think some are just a little more hesitant of their pet being somewhere new.  If I am getting 'how are they doing' texts, 'reminders', etc., then I know they would love frequent pics, etc.  and am happy to oblige.