cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is this notmal

So dog (female and fixed) pee's then again another 6 or 7x within min. also is pooping 5 or 6x in 2 hours. I am concearned asked owner questions then she calls me flipping out on me. Now what? Im just concearned for dog. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Derek
Champ

Re: Is this notmal

So the pee thing can definitely be normal, but the poop worries me. Is it runny at all? Dark colored? For starters, you should google search using the color and consistency of her poop. Ask owner if you may send pics to them so they can see what’s going on. Call Rover and let them know what’s going on as well. I hope it resolves itself and doesn’t continue to be an issue!

0 Kudos

Her poop is mucousy and has blood in it. I let the owner know a well as rover. I'm also concearned bc it is a medium breed dog like border collie and lab and cocker spaniel and she only feeds the dog a 1/4 cup of food a day that's like 2 or 3 bites for a dog that size. And I just found out today she isn't planning on picking her dog up till tomorrow after 2pm when she dropped her dog off at 7am, so I need to send her a modification request but bc she has already  been rude to me bc of me questioning why her dog was pooping so much bc I was concearned for the dog I'm afraid to ask bc I know she is going to leave a bad review 

0 Kudos
WaltG
Champ

It is very normal for a dog to not have a routine bowel and bladder habits when at a sitters home.  They may be having some anxiety as their world has been turned around, where are my parents, why am I not at my home, who are these people they left me with, and there are so many new and different smells.  Some dogs adapt quickly but many do not.

Every sitter experiences these kinds of situations you just have to learn the signs and adapt to them.   

If you have already pissed off the owner I wouldn't recommend you ask for an additional fee, just suck it up this time!   And for the future discuss drop-off and pick-up times before you accept the booking. 

Best of luck

0 Kudos

I did discuss drop off and pick up times and told her I usually do not allow drop off before 9am as I am getting children ready for school and it is already hectic. I also told her i allow for 2-3 hours of leeway  between drop off and pickup times without charging and that after that I charge doggy daycare fee. And bc she left dog with me and told me I was under no circumstances allowed to crate her dog that she would be responsible for fee's for buying carpet cleaning products needed to clean. Which she assured me she has used rover a hundred times and that her dog has never had any accidents and her dog has peed on my floor several times and I take her out every 30 min to an hour even at  night at this point. This sucks im getting screwed out of money and going to get a bad review bc I didnt get it in writing 

0 Kudos

How much does this dog weigh that shes only getting 1/4 cup??? Mucous and blood in stool is never a great sign.  Sounds like the dog is stressed and dehydrated.  If the owner is pissed off at you and not really concerned about her dog.. pretty much a red flag to me.  I would charge her extra.  If she seems like the type that will leave a bad review, just reply to it publicly.  Make sure your rebuttal is polite and accurate.  Potential new clients can/will look past it!!

0 Kudos