cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Now Available: Ability to Edit a Booked Stay

One common request we’ve heard from sitters and walkers is that you’d like the ability to modify stays that are already booked without having to call in to customer service. Our development team here at Rover has been working long and hard on finding the right solution, and I’m excited to share with you all a huge progress update!

Now, all sitters will be able to modify already-booked-stays on their own - without having to call into customer support for assistance. Sitters can make updates to dates, pets, number of walks and drop-ins, and even issue refunds by selecting the “modify booking” button on a current or upcoming stay.

To read more about how this new function works, check out this Help Center article. (Just a heads up: The feature isn’t accessible within the Rover app quite yet.)

What do you think of this new feature?  Will you use it?  

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
4 Replies
WaltG
Top dog

Re: Now Available: Ability to Edit a Booked Stay

@AndreaH   The new update looks great BUT I have most of my clients on the recurring booking option, are there any changes to this?   I have recently asked if we could modify to allow zero days for a specific week or to have a toggle to put the booking on a temporary hold while either the client or the sitter is on vacation - anything to report?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @WaltG - Recurring bookings are outside the scope of this specific update.  However, we hear your concerns. Many people have shared similar feedback, and our Product and Design teams are actively looking at improving this workflow. While we can't give any specifics around timing, we know what a big deal this is for customers. Stay tuned for more updates!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update as of 8/20/18: Users with iOS version 3.77 and later will be able to use edit a booked stay on the app!

How to modify a booking on the Rover app

You can submit a modification request on the iOS app. Here’s how:

1. Tap Inbox at the bottom of your screen.
  2. Tap the request that needs to be modified.
  3. Tap  in the upper right corner of the screen
  4. Tap Modify booking.
  5. Tap Modify in the upper right corner of the screen.
  6. Tap Modify Details.
  7. Update booking, write a short message to the owner explaining the changes, then tap Request Owner Confirmation. 

On Android devices, you can submit a modification request by accessing Rover on a mobile browser, such as Google Chrome.

Your client will be able to confirm the request on their iPhone using the app, or on their mobile browser, using their Android phone.

Reference: Help Center article

MiniFarm
Champ

I was able to use this update just the other day!  It was great!  Definitly nice to be able to make those adjustments right away with out calling Rover.

Thank you!