cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rover On Demand Dog Walking has become Rover Now

If you happen to be in one of a select few markets in the US, you might have already heard about Rover On Demand Dog Walking. On-demand is a new way that customers in select cities can book walks. Owners can request a walk and we match them to approved on-demand walkers who are then able to review and accept the booking if they want it!

As we continue to launch this service in new cities, we've rebranded with a new name–Rover Now Dog Walking. We've updated the Rover iOS/Android apps and website to reflect this change as of today. We're also excited to announce the launch of this service to the Boston area!

What is Rover Now?

With on-demand walking, owners and walkers now have a fast, hassle-free way to book walks:

• An owner submits information about their dog, and when they need a walk.
  • Then the walk is added to a list of available up-for-grabs walks to On-demand certified walkers.
  • After reviewing the dog’s profile and location of the walk, walkers can instantly book and accept a walk—no waiting around for a pending request to come to their inbox!

Where is Rover Now available?

This service is currently available in the following metros, with more cities launching across the US and Canada this year: San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Denver, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Washington D.C./, Arlington/Alexandria, and Boston

I'm in a Rover Now city–how can I do walks like this?

If you already have a Rover profile, you’re off to a great start. If not, you’ll begin by signing up to become a sitter (don’t worry; if you just want to offer dog walking you can do that when filling out your profile). Once your profile’s approved, make sure you have your dog walking service turned on. Then, we’ll send you an email and text inviting you to complete the additional screening needed (walker certification process) to be able to book on-demand clients.

Questions/feedback on Rover Now? Comment below!

Labels (1)
2 Replies
sydastry
Dog fanatic

Re: Rover On Demand Dog Walking has become Rover Now

Hi I have a question! 

I'm a Rover Go sitter in Boston and I haven't gotten an email to sign up for Rover Now yet! Is there any way I can get it? 

Thanks, 

-Sydney

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Rover On Demand Dog Walking has become Rover Now

Hi @sydastry! I've passed along your profile to the Rover Now onboarding team and someone will be in touch with you soon!

0 Kudos