cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rover Tip: Earn more $ boarding

Did you know... That sitters who offer boarding earn at least two times more money on Rover than sitters who don't offer boarding? This is due to a few reasons: 1) A majority of owner demand today is for boarding, and 2) Less than half of Rover sitters offer boarding. So essentially, there is more demand to spread across a smaller number of sitters.

As the busy summer season is just starting to ramp up, consider turning on boarding (if you are interested and able) to gain more business and earn more money on Rover.

Labels (1)
5 Replies
WaltG
Top dog

Re: Rover Tip: Earn more $ boarding

Crap I don't board as it just doesn't work well for me as my wife's allergies go ballistic with more pups in the house.    Last summer we had a walking bonus, is there anything in the works for this season?

Highlighted

I wasn't aware that sitters/boarding make more money.  I thought, from what rover dog walkers & drop ins make more due to their fees for each and multiple daily schedules.  Of course, their travel time and wear & tear on their vehicle is or should be included in the fee.

WaltG
Top dog

If you board a lot of dogs at one time you certainly can make a ton more $$$.   I limit my walks to 5-6 per day M-F, and take all weekends and holidays off - that's the benefit of being retired I guess.  And I cannot complain about the $$ I earn with 100 walks per month.

0 Kudos

I limit to 4 stays/boarding and 3 daycare.  Day Care is a lower fee and repeat pups come only 2 to 3 times a week.

Dana
Dog fanatic

I prefer to board in my home.  The dogs get more time and attention from me and I don't have to drive to the clients homes multiple times a day.    I have a few clients that prefer that their dogs/cats stay at home while they are away.  If I had to put a percentage on it, 99% stay in my home 1% want their pets to stay in their home.

0 Kudos