cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TiffanyKelleyK9
Dog fanatic

Calendar marked unavailable due to pending request

Hello! I have numerous clients who reach out to me before confirming vacation plans because they want to make sure I am available during certain dates to take care of their pup. Since they don’t have concrete travel plans for those dates, I leave the request as pending in case they change dates by a day or 2. This leads to my calendar being marked as unavailable for those dates. I worry I am not getting requests for those dates from other or new clients because they believe I am fully booked. I watch more than one dog at a time, so my idea would be to have My calendar only marked as unavailable due to a pending request if I only have one space left. 

I would archive it and wait for them to reach back out once they firm up travel plans however I am unsure how that affects my booking score and my search ranking if I archive too many requests.. 

Any help/suggestions appreciated!! Thank you!!

4 Replies
OCdogcare
Top dog

Re: Calendar marked unavailable due to pending request

It sounds like these may be repeat clients. In case it helps, here's how I've handled it. I give pet parents my email if they prefer and phone number. If you prefer, they can also use an old Rover assigned number, which will still re-route to you. Likewise, if they access a past stay, you and the client can send messages back and forth to discuss upcoming dates before booking a new stay.

I ask them to contact me one of those ways when they have pending plans,  tell them I'll add it to my master calendar, and when they're ready to finalize & book it, then submit.

I would also like to know how archiving a request affects booking scores, etc. 

Do the different archive reasons matter on your score?

I do know that an archived request can still book since I did that recently.

0 Kudos
OCdogcare
Top dog

@Cassielite: I remembered this from the Q&A  community and looked up the link.  https://www.rover.com/community/question/14187/what-archive-option-doesnt-count-against-you/

Obviously, if your calendar is not kept current (it shows you're available and you turn down request staing you're not available), that definitely will impact you. If sent twice, duplicate message should not have any affect. As you discovered, you can always move archived out to book it later.

I also found this which mentions keeping sitter preferences up to date. Although it doesn't specifically mention archiving, it indicates that if you archived for a reason that wasn't supported by the preferences shown or calendar availability, you'd see your placement go down. https://support.rover.com/hc/en-us/articles/208795626-What-are-sitter-performance-scores-#howdomysco...

I agree with OCdogcare about having repeat customers contact you by calling or sending an email.  I have customers contact me that way asking about availability for the future dates they need.  To reserve their dates, I use an Ical (mac laptop) putting the dog's name on those dates.  Then I go into my rover calendar and subtract the spaces of how many dogs they have.  My customers pups anywhere from 1 to 3.   If/when they do contact you through rover and you have the spaces for them, put it on your private calendar or how ever you track potential stays and archive the message.  Owners can still contact you again through the archived message.

0 Kudos