cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiniFarm
Champ

Client cancels reservation 18 days after being a no show.

About a month ago I had a client that was had booked her dog's with me.  Two months in advance may I add.

Due to being at capacity with this reservation I had turned away multiple clients for these day's.  The starting day of this reservation I had messaged the client to confirm a drop off time for her pups.  In return I recieved a message that she had made other arrangments and was having her neighbor watch the pups/house.  With it being the day of the reservation I left it up to them to cancel.  She never cancelled and was just a now show.

Now....18 days AFTER the now show, this client cancelled her past reservation and was granted a refund!  I am now in debt to Rover $100 and have been working to pay this off.  

I feel that if a client does not cancel their reservation by midnight of the first day there should be no refund.  It has been very slow with it being between holidays.  It's taking me weeks just to pay off the $100 to Rover.  Is there anyway to look into some sort of post cancellation policy?  I know $100 isn't much.  But right now it's really hurting me financially. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Client cancels reservation 18 days after being a no show.

Hello, you can check out your cancelation policy on your profile under your calendar. If you'd like to edit your cancelation policy you can do so by visiting http://bit.ly/SetRoverCancelationPolicy. If you'd like to review this say with our Rover Support team please reach out to them at 888-453-7889.  

0 Kudos
WaltG
Top dog

If a client notifies me of a cancelation or modify I make the change to the booking request right away and not leave it up to the client.   If you cannot cancel yourself on the platform call the folks at support @ 

888-453-7889

0 Kudos
OCdogcare
Champ

I'm glad Rover support replied. I would immediately reach out to them in that situation.

Hopefully your cancellation policy is strict or moderate, not flexible. The other tip I can offer is that I tell dog owners that they can message me about dates (directly or via rover messages) and I'll add to my master calendar, and book when the date is closer (not more than a month ahead). I explain that benefits them as  their credit card doesn't have to be charged so far in advance, since sitters aren't paid until after completion. If I want, I can continue other meetings and then finalize the details closer to the arrival dates.

0 Kudos
MiniFarm
Champ

My cancellation is strict.  I just feel that there should be a no show fee somewhere.  I had to turn away multiple clients due to having these two booked with me.  

0 Kudos

Mine is set to strict also.  When clients cancel a week prior you should still get half.  Something isnt right here..you really need to get in touch with someone at rover.  

0 Kudos

Mine is set to strict also.  When clients cancel a week prior you should still get half.  Something isnt right here..you really need to get in touch with someone at rover.  

0 Kudos
OCdogcare
Champ

With your strict cancellation policy, it doesn't seem the client would be entitled to a full refund. With client changes&cancellations, I'd suggest contacting Rover at the beginning date of the stay to ensure they're aware of the details and confirm the expected payment.

The other way to ensure dogs aren't turned down due to full capacity is to note planned stays elsewhere, keep a pending list, confirm and wait to book closer to the date (depending on your situation, you may even choose to make an exception and book slightly over full capacity).

"Strict:

• A full refund is available if a client cancels by 12:00pm one week before the stay begins. 12:00pm is determined by the sitter's time zone.
  • If canceled later than 12:00pm one week before the stay begins, a 50% refund is available for the first seven canceled days of the stay and a 100% refund is available for any additional days."
0 Kudos