cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaureenR

Dog Food

I am a new sitter with rover, but today had my first drop off where they didn't provide food for their dog.  Is this to be expected? Does the profile have a place where I should be telling people they need to bring supplies for their dog during the stay? 4 cups a day for 9 days gets to be a lot. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dog Food

Hi Maureen, generally pet parents should include food when they drop off their pet. Sometimes a pet owner might be new to the process, so we do recommend always asking clients what items they are planning on bringing, so it can be a good reminder for them and then you have a list of items that they dropped off so you can make sure all of the correct items go back with them when they pick up. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Hi Maureen, generally pet parents should include food when they drop off their pet. Sometimes a pet owner might be new to the process, so we do recommend always asking clients what items they are planning on bringing, so it can be a good reminder for them and then you have a list of items that they dropped off so you can make sure all of the correct items go back with them when they pick up. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
OCdogcare
Champ

Yes, pet parents should provide the dog food. The primary reason is to avoid any health issues - digestive upset or allergies. A secondary reason is the unnecessary expense burden.

If I found food was not provided, I'd approach it as possible oversight, and send a friendly message to the pet parent. Something like: all is well here, when I unpacked Rover's stuff, I realized that his/her food wasn't packed. Please tell me what brand&protein source he/she eats, so I can get some. When they return to pick up Rover, hand them the food receipt and request cash or paypal reimbursement. 

In the future, it's a good idea to discuss everything that they should bring at the meet & greet, so everyone is on the same page to start.

0 Kudos