Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
WaltG
Top dog

How does Auto Rate Adjust work?

Screenshot_10.png

If a sitter turns the rate adjust to grey, how does this work?   How often will rates adjust?   Can my rate be lowered from the current rate?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
WaltG
Top dog

Re: How does Auto Rate Adjust work?

Posted this days ago - does anyone have a clue how this works?  

0 Kudos

Hi Walt, great questions. There is no set increment of time that the rates will be adjusted. Essentially, your rates could be increased in order to remain comparative to the majority of other sitters in your area—Somewhat of a failsafe for the sitter's to ensure their rates keep up with the local market. 

WaltG
Top dog

Thanks for the response,   I believe I have had the setting at grey for at least 2 years yet never saw an adjustment made to my rates by Rover, but I have manually adjusted them several times.  

0 Kudos

I've dug into this a bit more and it sounds like this feature has been under discussion by our Product team for the past 2-3 years. During that time, I don't think that they've actually had the feature active, but it sounds like they have plans of reactivating it in the near future. 

OCdogcare
Champ

@Frank

It seems that this only applies to some services, such as walking and drop in visits.

If in the future Rover activates this for boarding, I'd suggest that the comparative market rates should reflect what local businesses actually charge. Generally, alternative boarding places are much more expensive than sitters on Rover, who give more personalized attention in a home environment (rather than 100+ dogs interacting in a facility with increased potential for illness and injury), without a bunch of add on fees for "cuddle time", "brush out", "one-on one play time", etc.  

Great feedback. We’re constantly looking for ways to make Rover better than ever, and always appreciate hearing from community members like you. I’ve passed along your suggestion to our product team.

0 Kudos