Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiMaso
Champ

Re: Need to be able to block clients.

Agree!!! We need this ASAP!!!!

So far, I have been fortunate with clients.  If the client or dog turns out not the be a good fit I politely, but firmly tell them I can't take their dog(s) any more.  But, here is the phone number to Rover Match (I hand it to them) and they will help you!  I have had those customers still want to book before they leave picking up their pup but again I explain No!

0 Kudos
Copperdogdayz
Dog person

I completely agree!! 

I feel like us sitters are the ones inconvenienced and “punished” for not taking certain clients. 

Rover needs to be more user friendly to their sitters not just the owners who are looking for a dogsitter. 

dogsitter123
Dog person

I also agree. A lady didn’t want to pay my extended night stay rate and tried to say that we made an “agreement” which is my boarding rate, to do $25 a night. -_- I tried explaining to her that extended stay rate and the boarding rates can be different costs. I really want to block her before she leaves a misleading review on my page.

0 Kudos
gtsdog6
Dog person

AGREED!!! Today, i had a very scary incident where a man was messaging me about dog walking, but it felt very eerie in my gut and as I predicted, the conversation took a turn where I was trying to book a meet and greet, and he was trying to get my personal phone #, and saying very creepy inappropriate comments (very flirtatious and creepy). I think he does not even own a dog. Rover needs to 1) allow sitters to block owners AND 2) DO BACKGROUND CHECKS ON DOG OWNERS. this man was not even a dog owner!!! It makes me so uncomfortable that people like this are allowed on the app...

Highlighted
Derek
Champ

I've had a few less than ideal experiences lately. Some of my newer clients are really in a hurry to book, don't care for meet and greets and leave out important information about their dogs even after dropping them off. I was bitten by a dog of an owner like this. Quick to book, didn't want a meet and greet because dogs get along with everyone, forgot to bring care instructions (said he would email me from the car after dropping them off, didn't). So, the dogs were great til one of them bit me. Apparently, I wasn't supposed to touch her collar because she goes crazy but I didn't know this til 4-5 hours after drop off. Seemed like a great guy, but one of my worse experiences with Rover clients. I also thought about in this case of difficult clients, rover should automatically send a flag to you when they request sitters. Maybe even an added fee for a dog who is known to bite. That way: 1) it's up to owner if they want to pay more, and 2) up to the sitter if they even want to deal with it.

OCdogcare
Top dog

@Derek

Hopefully, you reported dog bite to Rover Trust & Safety. I don't think they'd disclose that to future sitters, but if they had enough information to warrant it, they may contact the owner or at least flag their account, if they allowed future bookings. It would be nice if Rover would put a little flag with T&S (Trust&Safety) designation next to pets that have a history in regards to aggression, and that seems far more relevant than some of the other things being rolled out next year (such as tipping-which people can already do with cash),  but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that. Pets can react different in different places and in the company of different other stimulis (humans, other pets, etc.)

I'd advise that anyone who is in a hurry and unwilling/unable to have a sufficient meet & greet (which includes pet parents who have less than 15 minutes), likely has problems with their pet, quite possibly knows it, and is rushing through those critical introductory steps to find someone willing to provide care. By conducting a suffficient meet & greet, you'll be better able to judge if the pet is a match for you and ask&note any pertinent questions about their care. My view is the most important part is assessing the pet because I'll spend time with the pet, and it doesn't really matter if the human is someone I genuinely like.

Derek
Champ

I agree 100%

Priya
Dog person

Absolutely! I've also had issues with one owner who requests me as a sitter (I'm only walks and drop ins on the weekends currently) over the weekend. I decline and inform her of my schedule (confirmed for 2 weeks), and then she gets angry about why I cant watch her two dogs. She did it again today. I'm traveling due to my grandmother passing away. I informed her of that, recommended other similar sitters, and she still was angry that I couldnt sit for her. I even provided screenshots of my schedule. Some people cant respect other peoples time and we shouldn't have to put up with such poor behavior 

H_K
Dog person

I'm new to rover but I'm an experienced walker. It's somewhat ridiculous how little input we, as the actual service providers, seem to have filtering our clientele.