cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dog person

Re: Need to be able to block clients.

How do we effectively communicate this request to Rover? Does staff monitor these forums, or is there a formal way to request new app features?

I also want to be able to block certain potential clients, but not because their dog bit me or they were a bad owner -- it's the guy who lives 45 minutes away who just doesn't understand how Rover works and keeps contacting me to watch his dog instead of someone local, but after asking him if he's aware of the distance and he says he does, I accept the booking. Then he doesn't reply for two days (meanwhile, I don't show up in search results), and inevitably he cancels the booking saying he made "other arragements." But three weeks later he's trying to book me again! I really don't want to show up in his search results anymore.

Definitely agree with this. Had a client who was trying to get my full name and address to "write me a check". Later saw on his profile that his dog that he'd been calling Ivy was wearing tags that said Mylo in the photo. I hadn't met up with him yet or given any personal informaiton, but definitely felt like the dog didn't even exist and was concerned about what his actual plans were in getting my personal info. Would love to be able to block him for my own safety, but can't. This really is a safety issue. I did report him and hope that Rover does something about this. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Top dog

@sarahecawthon 

What you described definitely sounds like a scam (I'd bet $ on it!). so in those cases contact Rover support right away. As a double measure, or if you can't call them, flag the conversation. Rover support will look into bogus scams and disable those accounts right away.

Anyone who wants to send you a check, money transfer, or other payment on the side (breaking TOS) is a HUGE RED FLAG. The fact that the dog's name didn't match up with the tag is another. The person requesting your full name and address is another (you may decide to share after you agree to care for the dog at the meet & greet, but not prior to then.) They can contact you through the rover number, which for your safety redirects to your phone\email, without  disclosing that personal info.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Top dog

@EricR 

For this or any other person that is outside your service area, I'd suggest using Rover messaging you firmly insist that it's outside of your service area (do not accept any bookings) and redirect them to support to find someone that can help them. As a double measure (since this person persists contacting you), call support and explain what is happening with this person.  They can review all communications and either help the person find someone local or if this is just someone making bogus, malicious, illegitimate requests, take action closing down the account.

0 Kudos