cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mercy
Champ

Need to be able to block clients.

While I loved 99% of my clients there are some clients that I don’t want to book again. Some just don’t get the message that you can’t take a dog that you know bites you even though they love you. Or the client themselves are just way too much to deal with they can’t take no for an answer.

It would be such an incredible help to have the ability to block a particular client.

Labels (2)
13 Replies

Re: Need to be able to block clients.

Yes I totally agree with this! In my case I have come across owners that I do not want to associate with.  So if I just ignore the message and let it time itself out.. it negatively effects my response time and booking scores 😣

DogsfDevonshire
Dog person

I've been saying this for so long. It would really help us more "introverted" sitters nudge clients in a different direction. If they can't find us through the search, they'll just assume we've stopped sitting and find another sitter. It would help make it less uncomfortable for the sitters.

Kc_doghaven60
Dog fanatic

In my experience I have found most introverts are very good at saying "no" and " I am not available".  With clients that I do not want, I answer them very quickly with a turn down and a couple of referrals. No explanations are needed after a flat "not available". 

0 Kudos
Kc_doghaven60
Dog fanatic

I also have had those few clients that we do not want to book again but not comfortable with blocking them. Unless the block simply states that sitter is not available- but is a lot to ask Rover to keep track. I personally find that being candid & straight forward with a difficult client (or dog) has been the best way. A little painful for a moment then it's done. There is a sitter our there that can fit with any challenging client- some of my best dog guests/client had bad experiences before coming to me. 

Highlighted
Joywolf83
Dog fanatic

@Kc_doghaven60 I agree but it would also be handy to have against people who make you uncomfortable or spam you

I had a dog owner who kept contacting me for sitting requests and the first 2 times I just literally was not available, but then I noticed every few weeks she would request me again either for at her house or at mine. Then try to get me to contact her outside of Rover even when I said I was all booked up. I emailed Rover and told them that this person made me feel unsafe and uncomfortable and that I should be able to block people that made me feel unsafe. They said they would send the suggestion to their development team back in Nov. but that they couldn't do anything. I agree that something should be done. I never heard from the owner again so maybe they got the hint or maybe she was blocked. Either way we should have this option. I have posted my email and the reply below:

"This person (name removed) has contacted me at least 5 times over this year usually looking for a last minute sitter and giving her number to call her outside of rover. That is always a red flag to me. The fact she continues to contact me each time and with the number but no other socialization makes me concerned. Can you please make it so she cannot contact me anymore, she makes me uncomfortable but rover will penalize me for not responding in a timely manner. I wish there was a way to block suspicious contact without it being considered as ignoring a request, especially as a single female. Thank you."

"Hello Cassie,

Unfortunately at this time the rover platform does not have a block feature for sitters to block owners from contacting them. 

I will pass the suggestion of a block feature to our development teams. I hope this helps. If you have any further questions reply to this email or give us a call at (888)453-7889.

Best wishes,"

Maybe if more of us contact them about this then we can get this feature added. Additionally, we should be able to file complaints if a dog owner fails to pay or adds days to stay and doesn't pay, or other safety issues and it should go on a record. After a certain number of strikes that phone number should be banned for a period of time. 

Mandie767
Dog fanatic

I wholeheartedly agree. Sometimes I get owners who take advantage of my flexibility and want to drop off right then and it becomes a habit. One that’s difficult when scheduling life too. And sometimes you get dogs that are a good dog but a bit destructive. Or really obnoxious barkers that cause problems with your neighbors.

Bobby
Dog fanatic

Yes! I agree!

0 Kudos
TKT
Dog fanatic

I agree, I have one person who contacted me three times for last minute boarding but doesn't follow through, and who already bailed on a meet and greet. I personally also am not a fan of the breed of her two dogs because of behavior issues, even though I try to take dogs on an individual basis. Now I reply ASAP but have to say I'm full because I can't block. The last minute crisis booking and lack of follow through is a red flag.

0 Kudos