cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kernmatthew
Dog fanatic

Option to know if it's a new client or client you had before

I've had over 500 clients and over 300+ reviews on rover. I pretty much 98% of the time remember all my.clients and dogs but sometimes a client may have only used me once a d it was a while back and I can not remmeber if I say the pet before. Maybe add a badge or notification showing this is a repeat client. Sometimes I hate to ass if I have sat this particular dog before to the client.

11 Replies

Re: Option to know if it's a new client or client you had before

I agree!

One time it had been months since their last booking and those pictures are so tiny on the rover app that I asked them the basic new dog questions and they said that I had watched them before. It made me look very unprofessional and embarrassed. Now I go to the text relay first to see if we have a text history, but this makes me have to keep all that text data on my phone which is very inconvenient.

We need something in the app indicating that we have booked with them before. 

Highlighted
thisishill
Dog fanatic

I save all of my clients into my contact list on my phone with their full name and "(Rover)" - this way, when I receive a new request, I know that if their number is already saved in my phone that they are a repeat client. Otherwise, their request pops up as a random +1 310 number and I know they're new. You also only get the screenshot of their pets' info as a text when they're new, so you could keep an eye out for that. 

Mercy
Champ

I definitely agree I  save all contacts in my phone with the dog owners name as well as the name of the dog and Rover I also use pictures of the dogs as the contact picture,  additional contact information and any notes I have about that particular dog I put in the notes section in the contacts.

First name: owners name Rover 

Last name: dogs name 

And if I do not want to book them again  first name: DNB owners name Rover

DanielaMKE
Dog fanatic

If you receive text notifications/messages from Rover, it will send you a photo of the dog's information if and only if it's a new client. If it's a repeat client, only the "New Boarding/Walking/Housesitting request" message pops up.

Bill
Dog fanatic

The way I know a request is from a repeat client, is there is no option in the message thread to schedule a meet and greet with them. All new clients have that option of scheduling a meet and greet. Hope this helps.

KTM71
Dog fanatic

This was a great suggestion. Thanks!

Derek
Champ

All suggestions here make sense and I didn’t really realize these things. But I do agree that maybe the message should come in as something referencing that it is a repeat customer. “Look’s like someone had fun on their last visit with you!” or something like that would help as well lol, but the badge idea would be real cool.

I use a laptop.  Even though I don't have the quantity of past dogs that you do, I do sometimes check "past customers" occasionally.  I do that to see if any customers have moved, using another sitter, etc.  The customers first names are listed alphabetically.  I don't know what you would see on the rover app.  It would help me to know if I did a meet & greet and "archived" this customer.  Archived customers aren't listed by name but by date.  So a symbol or "a" would let me know if I archived.

Mercy
Champ

I love the idea about  seeing if you didn’t meet and greet before or not especially if they don’t book right away. You still may need to require another meet and greet if it’s been a while but that would be great to know in advance.