cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo Code time limits?

Per rules regarding the Promo Codes: ....Promo Codes are valid for a limited time only....  What is the time limit?  Since I give my rover cards out to pet friendly apartments, hotels or anyone, new to rover, that contacts me per one of my customers, does that mean the promo code won't be good?  What if someone is new to rover, given my rover card with the promo code, and finds a rover host close to them or offers services I don't offer?  Would I still get the $10? Or, does rover not do that anymore?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Promo Codes

Sitter coupon codes are generally set up to be valid for life. Since we do have to put in an end date for the system it is usually as far out as the system will allow (many many years). If we are ever alerted to an owner seeing "Expired Coupon" when trying to redeem a sitter's promo code, we will extend the expiration date to make the coupon valid again. Sometimes a coupon might become invalid but mostly that is because it is found on a coupon sharing site and that is against the Terms of Service. If that happens, we will ask the sitter to provide us with a new promo code they would like and we update their account. 

CocoaMilo
Champ

I have a lot of problems with promo codes that are emailed and my repeat customers wanting to use them and wondering why they can't. Since we don't see what is sent out to the customers I have my own account, just so I can see what they are sending to our customers and can give the correct reply. One of my questions is, why does Rover send out new customer only coupons to repeat customers? That just leaves this open for negative feelings between the repeat customer and us.

Hi CocoaMilo, our system is set up so we do not send new user promo codes to accounts that already have a booking on them. If a user does receive an email it is usually because they have multiple accounts without realizing it and the email was sent to the account that does not have any bookings OR a user sees the promo on Facebook or our Blog and does not realize it is for new users only.