cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheDougWalker
Dog fanatic

Vaccinations in dog profiles

I require my guest dogs to be up to date on rabies, distemper and bordetella vaccinations and to provide a copy of the current vet record. Is it possible to add vaccinations and expiration dates to the dog profiles for guests? I think it would also be helpful if guests could upload a copy of the vet record showing the vaccines and dates.

Labels (2)
6 Replies

Re: Vaccinations in dog profiles

I agree!  My dog grooming salon now requires a copy for their file.  One of the groomers was bit by a dog and turned out the dog wasn't up-to-date on vaccinations.  I require at the meet & greet but forget to ask my repeat customers every year.  Turned out one of my customers realized many months later the dog missed the annual and 3 yr rabies.  They did get it done once they realized it.

Mercy
Champ

I require proof of up-to-date vaccinations as well I do put it now in their contact information when I need a copy refreshed but I still forget sometimes. So having it maybe even  having an alert would be totally awesome!

DawnMobley
Dog fanatic

Agreed! Expiration dates would be very helpful. And the ability to upload the cert from the vet records ~Dawn

0 Kudos
DiMaso
Champ

Great idea!!!!

0 Kudos
Dana
Dog fanatic

Please do some research on annual vaccinations.  I had no idea what could happen until it happened to my dog.

http://www.petwelfarealliance.org/why-over-vaccinating-is-a-problem.html

I don't require proof of annual vaccines.  Vaccines within the previous 3-6 years is what I require.

vaccines.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
TheDougWalker
Dog fanatic

The city in which I reside requires rabies vaccines every 1-3 years. I understand some feel as you about vaccinations and I will accept a titer test clearance by a vet in leau of scheduled vaccinations. 

0 Kudos