cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BevS
Dog person

Re: Advice for new sitters on providing 5-star service?

The meet and greet is key, whether it is sitting your home, the owner's home or drop-ins.  Also, I suggest taking a photograph of the pet(s) you are caring for, just in case the pet accidentally gets loose.  The thought of it is horrible, but prepare for any emergency.  Also ask about any allergies/illnesses and get the name, address and telephone number of their veterinarian.

BevS
Dog person

Also, I forgot to mention to be sure and let the client/owner know that their satisfaction and their pet(s) happiness and comfort is your primary concern.

Royhuerta97
Dog fanatic

Respect, honesty, loyalty take care customers dog right and treat them they way we want to be treated and love 

Suanne
Dog fanatic

Communication is key; be trustworthy and dedicated to your client and treat the animals as your own. 

Mitchellt23
Dog fanatic

I love this idea! I'm definitely going to do this Friday! Tomorrow and Friday are my very first sitting experiences, and I just want to show the owner that I'm so genuinely grateful that they've allowed me the opportunity! 🙏 This is gonna be fun. ☺☺☺

nancym
Dog fanatic

Keep communicating with the owners at all times. Give them updates on how there "baby" is doing and don't be afraid to ask them questions even if they aren't around so that way you can provide the very best care you can. You shoud always try to make the pet as comfortable as possible to reduce stress. And ALWAYS send pics to the owner while they're away.

Highlighted
Dee_lite
Dog fanatic

Love your ideas for going the extra mile! Looking for opportunities to serve is always a great idea.  

Hrhopkins77
Dog person

Meet the owner and animal prior to sitting. Ask what normal routine is, does animal have any fears, allergies, behavior issues, medical issues. Make sure all contact info is correct, send photos and updates during the sitting time. 

Doodles66
Dog person

Speaking with our clients on a daily basis sharing pics with them .

kmrussell
Dog fanatic

Super glad I found your response- I offered an extra walk on Christmas Day due to me having to have a weird schedule that day that wouldn't fit with the dog's normal schedule and I was worried I was breaking a rule, but its definitely in the dog's best interest and I don't want to lose my first possible client! 

That being said she is so slow at responses, trying to temper my expectations because I know this is a busy time of year but its driving me slightly crazy she hasn't said if she wants me to book it yet. 

0 Kudos