cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SowHoeGrowFarms
Dog fanatic

Air Fresheners

I recently accepted a client who has no less then 2-3 wallflowers in every room. For those of you who are not familiar these are similar to glade plugins. Initially during the meet & greet the weather was a bit warmer here in Michigan, so my client had most of her doors open and the house didn’t seem to smell that strongly. Today it’s around 40 degrees. It’s my first day in the house, fortunately I am only staying two nights. Unfortunately my asthma has kicked in for the first time in nearly 3 years and I was forced to run to the local pharmacy for a new inhaler. I took all of the wallflowers and placed them in ziplock bags for now. I am wondering if anyone else has encountered a similar situation and if so how did you handle it? I do not want to offend my client. It’s not that her house smells bad, my body simply can’t handle it. 😔

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sulamita
Dog fanatic

Re: Air Fresheners

Hi there!

Asthma can be a life or death deal. I just read a husband's article on his young wife's death because of asthma. I would explain that and ask to take them off the day before you get there. If she seems to care more about the way her house smells than your well-being I would ask her to find someone else.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Sulamita
Dog fanatic

Hi there!

Asthma can be a life or death deal. I just read a husband's article on his young wife's death because of asthma. I would explain that and ask to take them off the day before you get there. If she seems to care more about the way her house smells than your well-being I would ask her to find someone else.

SowHoeGrowFarms
Dog fanatic

Thank you so very much for taking the time to respond to my post Sulamita. 

I did let the client know the air fresheners became an issue for me and that I put them away and aired out the house for the duration of my stay. She has asthma herself, and was very sympathetic to my plight. She also agreed to remove them prior to my next stay. 

Had it gone the other way, I probably would not have agreed to return for another visit. 

Wishing you all the best Sulamita! Take care!

Sulamita
Dog fanatic

I am glad it worked out. Most people can be reasonable. 😄😉

0 Kudos