cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjb12047

Booking problem

So I got a message that asked if I could watch his dog for two weeks.  Since it would have only been my 2nd one; I asked to have a meet and greet.  I made the meet and greet; he said all is well.

Then he never shows or never calls to say he would be late or not coming at all.  I complain to the company; they say I sent him messages harassing him even though all I asked was did you find another sitter? Please cancel your request...no response.  I never booked it because I was not doing the job if he was no longer interested.  What was I supposed to do differently?

The company it looks like takes the owner word at all costs especially sitters.  Then I get a note that my booking rate this morning is 50% since I did not book him...really?

5 Replies
WaltG
Top dog

Re: Booking problem

Being new to Rover I sense you aren't quite up to speed with how things work.   If you sent several texts to the client and the tone was aggressive, I would think Rover support would classify them as harassing and the client probably also interpreted it that way.   Customer service with a smile should be your goal if you wish to be a successful sitter.   I'd bet the client moved on and found another sitter.   Learn from this and much success going forward. 

Bp
Dog fanatic

Very confusing 

0 Kudos
OCdogcare
Top dog

When you're a new sitter, if you have any doubts, concerns, or confusion about how to handle things, especially procedures of booking, contact support as soon as possible. They can inform of procedures and may even give advice re. communications.

After a successful meet & greet, the booking steps require both the client and the sitter to approve the booking. By that point, it's advised to learn the arrival & departure times. Once it's successfully booked, you can send a nice reminder message, along the lines of Looking forward to spending time with your dogs. Please remember to bring their collars with ID tags, harnesses, leashes, food, any approved treats, and a comfort item.(This list could also include a bed or clothing and such) It's also fine to not send any message prior to arrival day.  If they didn't show up 15-30 minutes after the scheduled arrival time, you can send a message like, Do you need directions or does your arrival time need to be modified? Looking forward to seeing you soon. If you don't get a reply, then contact support and let them know the booking is a no show. (If you've used rover messages, they can read the communications, which would be in your favor) After the booking period ended, you would then be paid according to your cancellation policy.

Highlighted
CindyG
Champ

@mjb12047 

I've been on Rover since Sept., I've learned a LOT.  So, let me address your post, as I see it in my perspective at this time.

"Since it would have only been my 2nd one; I asked to have a meet and greet."

Just a side note on this...ALWAYS do a MnG-always a good idea no matter how experienced.

"Then he never shows or never calls to say he would be late or not coming at all.  "

ALWAYS contact them day before or day of to confirm.  If you have not heard back, text them stating the MnG is cancelled unless they confirm.  No, you shouldn't have to do this.  But it's your peace of mind and time.

"I complain to the company; they say I sent him messages harassing him even though all I asked was did you find another sitter?" 

Rover is not the polite police.  I'm guess it is your newness that you're not aware of the typical communication process.  Clients often change their mind, and hopefully they'll let you know.  It's no big deal - the more you're on Rover the more you'll see it happen.  But don't worry, you don't have to 'run after' business.  My perspective is they 'settled' when they went with someone else, b/c I am THAT good...lol  

"What was I supposed to do differently?"

Answer requests promptly, confirm MnG's day before or day of.  There's always people out there that won't appreciate your time.  To help fight this I suggest specific times for MnG's, I don't ask them 'when would you like to come over?' 

"The company it looks like takes the owner word at all costs especially sitters. "

No, you just made a newbie mistake in assuming Rover is there to monitor owners when they are being inconsiderate.

"Then I get a note that my booking rate this morning is 50% since I did not book him...really?"

Ignore your booking percentages.  That's FYI, clients do not see that.  What they DO see is your response rate and % time you sent photos to clients.  Be sure those two are the best they can be.

-----

The best thing you can do for pending requests is to archive them - Rover will ask the reason (one of these is customer never responded).  You can always move those out of archive and back into pending if they contact you.

PavelPavlov
Dog fanatic

I once had a similar problem, but now everything is working, I hope that the developers have fixed it.

Лучшая бесплатная программа для открытия PDF файлов Adobe Acrobat Reader http://adobe.acrobat-reader-dc.ideaprog.download/
0 Kudos