cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbatson24
Dog person

Business cards--feedback wanted!

Hello,

I am new to Rover, and want to have some business cards printed.  I am ready to checkout, but the shipping rate for Priority Mail is $11.80; is there a lower cost shipping option, or a coupon code for free shipping?  $12 is a lot of money for shipping.  I don't mind if the cards take a week or two to be delivered.  I haven't had any bookings, so not sure I am ready to spend $30 on business cards.  Thoughts?

8 Replies
dreamjob
Dog person

Re: Business Cards--feedback wanted!

Hi.  I would order them...1 or 2 sitting jobs would more than pay for small investment. Better to have a card when at doggy park or wherever you may meet folks with pets. Majority of people with dogs need their fur babies cared for while on vacation.

I do feel tad pricey...but worth it. Some of the merchandise was disappointing-I ordered backpack, leash & very thin material. 

0 Kudos
WaltG
Top dog

Re: Business cards--feedback wanted!

I was disappointed with the biz cards offered in the Rover store so I went to VistaPrint and made my own, they are a lot less expensive and have a better design that I customized.  

What kind of information did you include on your business card? I've been thinking of creating my own too through VistaPrint.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Derek
Champ

I agree with @WaltG ! Not only cheaper but a wider range of designs/customization.

@ashlisa424: Name, job title, contact info, maybe a catchy quote or business name and what services you provide... and on the back include some short reviews from your past clients

Highlighted
OCdogcare
Champ

@ashlisa424: In case you may be leaving the cards places, where you're not actually handing them to individuals, I'd make a cautious decision about what contact info is provided.

Like @Derek mentioned, include name, what services you provide (sitting, boarding, walks/visits), and what areas/cities/towns. I'd also suggest any pet limitations or highlights (i.e. puppies/adult dogs? up to 25/50/100 lbs? kittens/cats? specialized experience to promote if applicable such as IV medication)?

Thanks @OCdogcare, I'll take that into consideration for sure. I still haven't decided if I want to get any cards since business is good right now but I do want to get the word out for the slower months. I'm also constantly changing my rates and services trying to find what works best so I feel like I can't put anything permanent yet. Anyways, thanks for the input!

0 Kudos
Sherrylhf
Dog person

Vistaprint.com check them out they are way cheaper. 

0 Kudos
Sherrylhf
Dog person

I Have used vistaprint.com they are easy to custom make and they are cheaper. I have bought some from there and I love the quality. I am about to buy some more here soon.

0 Kudos