cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doggyholladay
Dog fanatic

Cleaning Supplies

I am in a constant battle to stop making my home smell like urine. Although I feel like I've tried everything, I'd be more than happy to try out any recommendations you guys have.
Thanks!
Labels (4)
13 Replies
Roccosdad

Re: Cleaning Supplies

I use Odoban or Kennelsol, both are great products.

melimurfyy
Dog person

Nature's Miracle- Urine Destroyer is the best product that has worked for me so far. However, make sure to follow the directions and let is soak for a few before wiping it up. Hope it works for you as it has for me! 

TimD
Champ

More an idea to prevention...

new dogs arrive and receive a doggie ‘wrap’ for a 24 ‘test’.  Boys get a band that wraps, girls, ones that looks more like a diaper (they are washable/reusable). They absorb urine that a nervous dog may mark in our apartment. Obviously we remove for walks.  Usually 24 hrs is a good time to settle into our place.  Some dogs always wear ‘protection’ whilst here as we accept dogs with certain challenges.   I make the owners aware prior.  This has greatly reduced clean up and we have never faced resistance from owners.  It’s all in the way we communicate, with consideration and with facts. 

All the best! 🍀

Highlighted
DanielaMKE
Dog fanatic

1. Nature's Miracle
2. Get rid of all carpet in the house!

DogPalacebyJess
Dog person

Nature's Miracle FTW! I have wood floors, which helps a lot with cleanup, but Resolve High Traffic and Oxyclean work great for upholstery and carpets. Make sure you neutralize the odor with an enzyme cleaner, or other dogs will try to "mark the territory" and you'll have a pee target on your hands 😣

PupsPalace
Dog person

I like Dr. Mercola’s Pet cleaning solution the best. Resolve carpet foams works well too.

Mercy
Champ

Number one is don’t have carpet!  Second nature’s miracle is awesome like everybody has been saying make sure you follow the directions let it soak etc. I’m top of all this not just dog urine it’s the dog smell I clean my floors with a mixture of  vinegar and alcohol a couple times a day I also have a hydrogen Prock side cleaner that I cleaned at least once a week with. And the laundry… I have covers on my couches and I have an autumn and they have covers I have my own dog mats and the dog toys that always gets run through the wash machine at least once a week usually two or three times. 

I have to absolutely say I have been doing this for 2 1/2 almost 3 years now and laundry and cleaning is the key there are days when it’s rainy out that my  House does smell like dog. But while you may be tempted to use fragrances candles coverups the biggest key is just to clean. Dog wipes  or even a rag with diluted vinegar on it will kill any smells also work wonderful when they’re coming in because as we all know dogs like to roll and nasty stinky stuff outside. 

I use both Odorban and Membermark (sam's Club) lemon disinfectant to do most of the cleaning. I used Natures Miracle for over 20 years and it does a good job. Clorox came out with their own urine remover and that's what I use now because it's cheaper, works well amd smells better to me.

care4canines
Dog fanatic

Since we're on the topic of Pet Supplies, PetSmart will Price Match items on chewy.com. More often than not, the prices on chewy.com are cheaper than PetSmart in-store prices. If you show the cashier, they should honor the lower price. In fact, PetSmart bought out Chewy.com, so they are merging companies together. Hope that helps!