cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brianasdogvacay
Dog fanatic

Clients that want to tip

There should be a section for when a client wants to tip their sitter that they sould be able to through the spp and that should go directly to the sitter. I am not saying every client has to tip us but I have had clients that have forgot cash and ask if they can paypal or venmo me a tip. Then i usually get in troule by Rover when i send my venmo or paypal account to the client beause they think I am trying to accept payment outside of Rover which isn't true.

13 Replies
DawnMobley
Dog fanatic

Re: Clients that want to tip

Agreed, other apps like Uber, Lift, and Wagg all allow tips when taking payment. This would be a nice feature to add to the Rover app. 

I read an article recently that covered like the top 10 services that should be tipped, and it talked about the approximate percentage amount to tip. Pet services were on the list. They also noted that tipping etiquette has been lost to the younger generation. I have noticed that my older clients tend to tip consistently over the younger clients. The younger clients are also usually first time dog owners. Having the option to tip from the app would be an appropriate request, and a suitable way to relay the message that a tip can be accepted.   

Thank you, Dawn

DogPalacebyJess
Dog person

Agreed! Wag prompts clients in app asking whether they would like to tip and tips can be upward of 30%, which all goes to the walker. 

Derek
Champ

Great proposal! I think this would work to incentivize using the Rover app for both parties as well! Good job.

VivianaR
Champ

The only way I accept a tip is when a dog chew on something or broke something.

When I sign up on rover 3 years ago they do not allow to tip sitters..  that changed?

DanielaMKE
Dog fanatic

I wouldn't want it to be like with uber or lyft where it pops up immediately after a client checks out --- I don't like the expectation of a tip, as I personally price my services so that clients don't need to tip (but some still do, and it's appreciated). But if there was a button somewhere where they COULD if they WANTED to, and not felt pressured to tip, that would be nice. I just hate how it pops up in some apps and there is pressure when really the service may not warrant a tip.

MiniFarm
Champ

This is in the help section for sitters.  Hope this helps :smileyvery-happy:

Should I tip my sitter?

Booking a dog sitter through Rover will always be cashless and convenient. Your sitter sets their own rates and your credit card is debited when you book. That said, if you’d like to offer them a tip, you’re perfectly welcome to! Just know that it’s never expected or required.

dcmckenzie1
Dog fanatic

I agree this should be a feature of the app to offset the high margin of 20% that Rover takes from my work.  Listen up Rover, make this a new feature to show you are taking care of your sitters!

David

Not just the app but in the booking and a place for them to add separately.  There are quite a few sitters that don't use the iphone.

Highlighted

I totally agree with this! There should be a "not so in your face" option to tip, for owners.  The only problem I see with this is, well from my own tipping experiences, clients tip once the stay is completed and dog picked up.  As we all know, stays are paid by owners beforehand.  It still would be a nice feature to be added for us.. I don't know about you, but I've never tipped my waitress before I received my food