cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WaltG
Top dog

Has this community died on the vine?

Not sure how many members actually come to this community any longer as the posts get less and less and most rarely post or comment.    There is more activity in the old Q&A forum and the Facebook groups then here, I thought this forum was to replace the Q&A??????

0 Kudos
11 Replies
MiniFarm
Champ

Re: Has this community died on the vine?

I still check this forum if not once a day every other day. I'm still here!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
OCdogcare
Champ

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. Not sure what happened. Maybe there were higher unachieved potential, such as when local discussion boards for two designated cities to promote sitter engagement with each other was tested

The older Q&A forum has gotten very quiet too. 

0 Kudos
WaltG
Top dog

The Q&A forum seems to get questions in batches and they are usually back dated, so it looks to me like HQ only releases them a few times a week, this doesn't help those who post.   Also the moderators on the Rover HQ group appear to have ghosted the group.    More and more Rover fails to support the sitter communty - this is very discouraging to me.

And my original post was last Thursday and not one moderator has commented 

0 Kudos
Shannonm
Dog fanatic

I didn't even know about this forum. Granted I've only been a part of rover since September but on occasion I'd be on my dashboard, scroll down to the Rover Q&A Community link, and I'd get transferred to another page. 

0 Kudos
WaltG
Top dog

Almost 2 weeks and not a peep from Rover HQ, how about you make sitters moderators rather then let it die on the vine????????????????/

0 Kudos
CindyG
Champ

Same here...been on Rover since September and just now learning of this page.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is a site to let sitter work together to help each other out and they aren't getting the answers they need we are more than happy to jump in and help.  Is there a specific question that hasn't been answered that I may have missed that I can help with?

0 Kudos
OCdogcare
Champ

@NicholeW: (added this in case this message was overlooked)

Hi Nichole,

Thanks for posting. This site started Beta testing in March 2018, with the plan to roll it out to all sitters. It doesn't seem like that happened. Some of the more experienced sitters who provide answers in the Q&A community communicated that they were never sent a link invite. Can that be done?

When this site launched, moderators facilitated discusssion topics weekly. Is there any plan to resume that?

Thanks.

WaltG
Top dog

@NicholeW   The community has been wondering where the HQ moderators went as it has been weeks since a post from HQ occurred.    What is the plan for this community?   Is it to be rolled out to all sitters or is this forum about to be closed?  Activity levels continue to drop with the members posting any questions also?   Thanks

Walt