cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VDeshambo
Dog fanatic

How to show higher in search results

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has tips for showing up higher in the search results? I have perfect response rate and one of the highest repeats/reviews in the area. I am a part time sitter and would like to get more evening walking requests and drop in visits.

I noticed that for dog walking, Rover doesnt give you specific dates. I offer dog walking during dropin visits for free as well, but I think a lot of people are looking for "I would like someone to walk my dog Friday after work so I can go to X function", and don't know to choose Drop In visits. But if I am not available a specific Friday I dont show up in search results. I update my calendar daily, but I think its having a more negative effect than positive :(. Does anyone have suggestions for showing up higher in the results? I would think top sitters should be at least in the top 5, while letting new sitters still be visible. 

Thanks!

2 Replies
Highlighted
Dogmom1
Dog fanatic

Re: How to show higher in search results

I was wondering the same. 

I see a few profiles, no customer w maybe 1 review... on 1st page when searching... any suggestions much appreciated?! 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to show higher in search results

Hi @VDeshambo and @Dogmom1 - Feel free to check out this article in the Sitter Resources section of the community for tips on how to show up higher in search results.  

Keep in mind that there are a lot of factors that influence where a certain sitter appears in search results, and different owners may actually see a different list, depending on their search criteria.

Hope this is helpful!