cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teddi

I need help attracting my first client!

I have been on Rover for over a month and haven’t even got one hit. What do I need to do to make my profile stand out so I can start working?

thank you!

Teddi

4 Replies
WaltG
Top dog

Re: I need help attracting my first client!

@Teddi   You need to share your Rover profile here so we can take a look and provide feedback.   And just FYI many sitters don't get bookings right out of the gate, for me it took 3-months.

Derek
Champ

Same here Walt, I didn’t get a request for at least a couple of months. I was worried maybe my profile wasn’t detailed enough or I was charging too much. But it just takes time. You have to think about how many other sitters with more reviews there are etc. But someone will notice you soon and try you out. Make sure to provide excellent service so they can review your profile and you’ll soon see progress. Compare your pricing with other sitters around you and you could try maybe lowering yours a few dollars under theirs for now until you get a few clients? Just a suggestion. But in all honesty, it does take a little time. Good luck!

Angela7

I am having the exact same issue!! I extended the distance that I’m willing to travel to clients and that didn’t work either. I think there are a lot of sitters in my area (I’ve checked the map) and less demand. That’s the only thing that I can come up with. My prices seem to be some of the cheapest too. Good luck!  It’s good to hear that others had the same issue when first starting.

TysonS
Champ

I cant keep up with the demand, I get and turn down requests usually daily. Feel free to check out my profile page for examples. Pictures also help a lot. 

https://www.rover.com/members/tyson-s-experienced-eastside-dog-handler/

0 Kudos