cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CindyG
Champ

If you're new and wondering, 'where's the customers'? (from a fellow newbie)

The very first thing you will be asked to do is provide a link to your profile so it can be critiqued.  It may be quicker for you to start a thread with that link asking for advice on tweaking it.  If you this, PLEASE be willing to make changes.  And PLEASE respond to the excellent advice you receive.  Don't waste people's time by asking questions about your profile and then disappearing.

Profiles MATTER.  Everything needs to be spot on..your wording, grammar, information, pictures...everything.
People looking for a sitter are scrolling through your profile along with many others...what's going to make yours stand out?  You don't want to look forgetable,  but you neither want to stand out as someone to avoid.

You also NEED to have testimonials from those who can friends, family, neighbors, etc. who can testify as to your abilities as someone good with dogs.  No testimonials is like an anchor around your neck.

With a top notch profile you can attract that first, pivotal client who will, hopefully leave you a 5 star review.  That 1 review paves the way for more clients.  So compose your profile wisely, ASK for advice, and APPLY what you have learned.  I have done so, successfully.  I was booked for December.  January is proving to do the same, and I'm getting requests for Feb-April already.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CindyG
Champ

ANYONE READING THIS THREAD PLEASE READ:

Hi, thanks to all who have read my thread!  I was surprised at the number of responses.  I won't be answering any more personal requests, so I would like to suggest two things:

1. Go to this thread:  Make That Profile Work

read thoroughly, and apply as needed.  So far, pretty much all of the questions were covered in the post.  

2.  Join the rover.com Sitters Group  Facebook page.  There is far more activity there, you will receive almost instant responses to your questions.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
17 Replies
shahramonline
Dog fanatic

Re: If you're new and wondering, 'where's the customers'? (from a fellow newbie)

I join this about 2 month ago and zero client for request! How can I reach the customer? I live in West Los Angeles there more pets and nothing request. 

WaltG
Top dog

Re: If you're new and wondering, 'where's the customers'? (from a fellow newbie)

Your profile may be lacking clear focus, your pictures may be of poor quality, your rates may be to high, your availability doesn't fit clients needs, and you may not have any reviews or testimonials, those are the items most sitters struggle with if they aren't acquring clients.     And of note:   It can take time even months for a new sitter to acquire their first booking, in my case it took 3 months, yet some get that first booking quickly - it all comes down to profile, rates and availability

Highlighted
CindyG
Champ

@shahramonline As I stated in the first line of my post, 

"The very first thing you will be asked to do is provide a link to your profile so it can be critiqued"

Please provide with a link to your profile so others can look at it and see if the problem's there.

Profiles MATTER.

Bala
Dog person

You are right..I am also wondering where we gonna find customer?

tracitheteacher
Dog fanatic

https://www.rover.com/members/traci-m-teacher-who-loves-to-housesit/

It took 3 weeks to get my first client! That first client requested me the very next morning, becoming an instant repeat client. Then that very next day I got another request, shot out a Meet n Greet and earned an amazing client with the cutest dachshund ever :)

Vallen
Dog fanatic

Thank you for all the great advice! 

apriljoy

I have just hit the one month mark and have not had one client request as of yet. Any advice on how to improve my profile is more than welcome. Thank you!

0 Kudos
CindyG
Champ

Please post your profile link for a profile critique.

0 Kudos
jdumond
Dog person

I need all the help I can get.  Please review; any adivice greatly appreciated! (Message me with review - thanks )

0 Kudos