cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liz
Dog fanatic

Re: If you're new and wondering, 'where's the customers'? (from a fellow newbie)

0 Kudos
Alvaro3m
Dog fanatic

Re: If you're new and wondering, 'where's the customers'? (from a fellow newbie)

Hi! I'm new to Rover and I'm excited about the possibilities it provides. I know it may take some time to get my first client but I want to make sure my profile is presentable in order to book my first one. Please let me know any recommendations or suggestions as to how to improve it. Thank you! :)

https://www.rover.com/members/alvaro-m-miss-my-dog-let-me-care-for-yours/

0 Kudos
CindyG
Champ

Jessica,I'm impressed!  You've got excellent relevant experience, and great profile info.  

In looking at some of the fellow sitters in your area, I feel like some up-front marketing would work better for you.  You've got 5star reviews now, so you're on your way.  But to get new clients there's a couple of things that could help:

Your photo - Try for one where you are very welcoming, smiling. Look at your other sitters for ideas.

Your tagline does NOT do you justice.  Your credentials should be putting you at the top of any new client's mind.  You need to word it in a way that immediately grabs their attention.  Experienced vet tech, or something like that.  One of the top sitters in your area when I searched, had "ACCEPTING NEW CLIENTS"  It's actually a nice tagline, b/c it implies others may not be, and it implies she's running such a successful business that she advertises only when she has availability.  And everybody knows a thriving business is usually a trustworthy one.

BTW, I don't privately message, as the point of this board is to share with all, so they can pick up tips.  :)   Keep up the good work, I'm 6 months in and loving it!

0 Kudos
CindyG
Champ

ANYONE READING THIS THREAD PLEASE READ:

Hi, thanks to all who have read my thread!  I was surprised at the number of responses.  I won't be answering any more personal requests, so I would like to suggest two things:

1. Go to this thread:  Make That Profile Work

read thoroughly, and apply as needed.  So far, pretty much all of the questions were covered in the post.  

2.  Join the rover.com Sitters Group  Facebook page.  There is far more activity there, you will receive almost instant responses to your questions.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
ameintzer
Dog fanatic

Would you mind critiquing my profile? I joined last month and have had 3 inquiries but no bookings. the owners never responded after I replied to their requests. Thanks! 

https://www.rover.com/members/annah-m-sitter-who-will-adore-your-pets/

0 Kudos
amclimans

I am brand new to Rover.com. Waiting for my first request! Here is my link. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

https://www.rover.com/sit/alyssm35469

0 Kudos
AprilMayBloom
Dog person

I am super new to Rover but not to the pet-sitting world. I have my first gig this weekend from this site and it has been maybe two weeks. I have had two other people message me but the timing didn't work out well for when I would be in class.

I think what helps is having previous pet sitting clients, even though they may not be from here, write reviews. I am lucky that three of mine did so I think that helps people feel assured that I am a safe choice.

As for advertising, sharing within your network of friends and family on Facebook, on the website nextdoor.com, and in Facebook pet-friendly groups would be a great place to start.

<3

SamanthaHusted
Dog fanatic

Here is a link to my profile... let me know how I can improve! 

-availability is wide open

-I have only one testimonial 

-my profile seems okay to me

Thank you for the help!

0 Kudos