cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KTM71
Dog fanatic

Literally Sitter Sharing

Is there going to be a place for sitters form one region to communicate? 

15 Replies
nanc0555
Dog person

Re: Literally Sitter Sharing

YES! and somewhere to rate dogs (especially if they are aggressive!)

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @KTM71 - I love that you asked this question!  Creating local discussion rooms in this community is definitely something that I'd like to implement, as I've heard from many sitters that it would be beneficial to have a way to connect with other sitters on a local level.  However, in order to have a successful discussion room it should receive about 15 posts per day (if it doesn't receive that amount, it will quickly become a "dead zone").  So, once this community gets to a place where it has lots of members and is receiving lots of organic dialogue, we'll look at then launching local boards.  Keep checking back for updates on this front!

Andrea 

ChristineR
Dog person

I think we need to have a way to network with each other from our local areas. This way we can get to know each other and if we are ever in a bind, sick, stuck in traffic and cant get to a dog to walk it etc. etc. etc.

ChristineR
Dog person

big bummer!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ChristineR
Dog person

maybe the title of the "sitter sharing" board needs to be named something different like, "Sitter Discussions"

ChristineR
Dog person

or "Sitter Talk"

Daniel
Dog fanatic

I too have found it hard to "network" with other local sitters.  In fact one thought I was spying on him as his competiture, just trying to get him to watch my own dog, lol.   Regardless I have bonded with several great sitters and when I recently moved I was able to refer my clients to them during the move and coordinating that in advance with my other local sitters made it a very smooth transaction for me and my clients, which were all pleased.   

kellee6
Dog fanatic

I think it needs to be called something that includes the word “local” or “community” or your community? Almost like an outreach. It would be great for dialogue for referrals as wells because sometimes I am booked for larger dogs or even smaller dogs and I would love to refer them. Or some people have preferences or do well with certain breeds and when I need to archive I’d have somewhere to look. I’d love these types of discussions and a place to develop Rover relationships.
OCdogcare
Top dog

I love this suggestion of sitter sharing for referrals and like others have also found that in my local area, some sitters who I contacted to possibly give/refer my overflow requests to them actually claim that they were not interested in growing their business (which was quite surprising since they were not set up as repeat clients only and appeared in search results for all the canine info., including dates input). 

Since I understand that due to participation levels, this area may not facilitate local sitter referrals, I'd also advocate that it be re-named to something like sitter discussions/talk.