cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VivianaR
Champ

Re: Literally Sitter Sharing

yes please!!  That's one thing that I have in my mind for so long!!!

In the past I had several experiences with dogs that come from other sitters.  Most of the time the owners tell me during the meet and greet that they changed sitters because they had a bad experience.   but I can see during meets and greets how the dogs behave..

Definitely,  a lot of dogs have behaviour issues.  In some cases I send a message to the sitter and ask directly about the experience with the owner.

I totally love the idea of creating a plataform to create messages between sitters.

Highlighted
Joywolf83
Dog fanatic

@OCdogcare I agree! I was trying to set up a meet and test night for my personal dog. The sitter would leave the conversation mid-sentence, kept bringing up how far away I was from her and that I should find somebody closer. Even though *I* was going to drive to her house because it was for in-home boarding! Finally I told her forget it, which was a shame because I could have referred clients to her. However I'm not going to refer people to ones that I have not personally tried out and it was quite obvious she was not diligent. I have come across others like that.....that don't set their calendar to away or repeats.

OCdogcare
Champ

Thanks for the shout out & reminding me with the mention of testing by entrusting your own pet to a potential sitter. I'm always considering adding a trustworthy person to my network, both for my dog and as a referral for clients.

I agree!  It would be a great way to connect with local sitters to refer and help each other out.  Just getting to know other sitters in my area would be a Big help.

rbflora
Dog fanatic

Yes, I have had times when I couldn't take a client because of being full or out of town and would love to have someone to refer them to.

0 Kudos
WaltG
Top dog

While it hasn't worked for everyone I have built my local network of Rover sitters using booking requests.  Over the past 2 years, I have 3 backup sitters that frequently communicate and help each other out with bookings, vacations and sick days.   It does take time and we all do M&G's with the clients beforehand especially for recurring mid-day walks or drop-ins.  All I can say persistence pays off!    

Would a section for local community members work, probably as well as the Facebook sitter to sitter referral groups works, not much?

0 Kudos