cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheDougWalker
Dog fanatic

Re: *Multidog Discount**

I don't offer a multidog discount. I will sometimes provide a discount of $5 a day for the second and third dog if the owner asks and it's during a slow time. I never offer discounts around holidays or during the summer.

0 Kudos
Myjalo
Champ

I only do boarding. I give a $10 discount for the 2nd or more dog from the same family. My rates are low and I am consistant with all of my customers. This is a small city area. I don't want circles of people comparing discounts and feel they have been "cheated". I have considered raising rates for new customers. Still thinking about that!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hope
Dog fanatic

For me it all depends on what kind of dogs and how many they have. If they have really hyper and dogs that need a lot more attention or care then I don't do a discount. But if they have 3 or more I do usually give either a percentage or a $5.00 per dog. 

0 Kudos

I dont give discounts because as a sitter, it's full time being on alert for someone's precious four legged family member. Break down the fee by the hour to get the big picture of the services a sitter offers for that price.  If I have a very special dog that is a senior for instance and books often, will give the 7th day stay complimentary. Longer sits are more work, so raising rates in future for sits over 7 days. Good sitters are valuable, and my repeat clients know this and have never asked for a discount. 

0 Kudos

I dont give discounts because I am full time on alert for someone's precious four legged family member. Break down the fee by the hour of the services a sitter offers for that price.  If I have a very special dog that is a senior for instance and/or books often, will give the 7th day stay complimentary. May raise rates for sits over 7 days. Good sitters are valuable, and my repeat clients realize this and have never asked for a discount. 

0 Kudos
Shaynawief
Dog fanatic

I don't do it but I also have very low rates as I'm still fairly fresh. Also, I agree with the person who mentioned that it would be really nice if Rover took a smaller percentage. I feel like they have to be making bank! 

0 Kudos
DiMaso
Champ

Initially we offered quite a few discounts but not anymore. Once you start everyone expects it all the time.

We would give discounts for extended stays and then when the same client booked for a day or two they still expected the rate they paid for the extended stay.

The other problem is referrals. The clients referring them would tell them the discounted price before we ever talked to them. 

Now we only give discounts to our longtime clients and only for extended stays. 

0 Kudos

I offer discounts for multiple dogs sometimes based on "what the market will bear". Everyone will ask for a discount, but I don't discuss money until after the M&G at the end of discussing all normal topics. I will have gotten a feel for how well the dogs are groomed, regularly cared for by a vet, etc. This will indicate to me that the client has the ability to pay full price.

0 Kudos
Bill
Dog fanatic

Hey, We charge $45 a night for the first dog and then $23 for the 2nd and 3rd or more dogs. If they stay more than 7 nights then we offer a 10% discount for the entire stay. 

0 Kudos

First dog is $28.00 each dog from the same family is $15.00

0 Kudos