cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Devinlynch

Need help getting first clients

Hello everyone! My name is Devin and i just signed up for Rover. My biggest concern is that i live in a small town though im willing to drive to surrounding cities. I have had no requests yet but really eould love for this to work out, making some cash doing something i really enjoy. Any suggestions on getting first clients?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Melanie777
Dog fanatic

Re: Need help getting first clients

I would love to hear what people say on this. I am also new to Rover and live out in the country. Any tips for getting my first client would be super helpful!

0 Kudos
nkaragoz
Dog fanatic

Make sure you have at least 5-6 great reviews. Make sure on the "about me" section you make it clear that you wouldn't mind the drive as you said you live kind of out. Maybe even drop the rate a little bit to get you started. You can post your Rover profile on Craigslist as well!

samstrouse
Dog fanatic

HI! I live in a larger city, but my suggestions are to increase your radius on where you're willing to travel to and post to social media and have your link shared! Keep your rates low at first until you are to get a few clients and then increase as need be. Keep your calendar updated as much as possible & make sure you have some great reviews! :) hope this helps! 

If you don't already have business cards I would suggest picking some up, I get most of my bussbusi through talking with people at dog parks, I don't know if you have one close but you can go anywhere people walk their dogs and just chat with people as you play with your dog. You can also go to local resturants, activities that allow dogs, pet stores, and pet groomers and talk with owners and staff and see if there is any way you can help their company and they will guaranteed help you spread word of mouth. If you have a hotel around that allow dogs that is a great place to advertise if they will let you (make sure you are familiar with the local restaurants and dog parks because pet parents will ask, have an opinion you can share about the best places to go to make their dog happy. Bringfido.com has a lot of information you can use for that). Another good option is to go to the closest hospital and talk to the administration staff and offer to do check-in visists for patients and staff that have to stay longer than they thought. If you become apart of the dog having community and do a job that people want to tell their friends about you can really make it work. Good luck.

Community Manager
Community Manager

These are all great suggestions, @Michaelbosse!

0 Kudos