cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DESPONDENT
Dog fanatic

No Clients

I'm really getting despondent.  I've done everything suggested.  Photos - references - descriptions - and ... nothing is happening.  I've posted my profile on my dashboard to see if maybe you can suggest something else but I'm about to close up shop.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
WaltG
Top dog

Re: No Clients

@DESPONDENT

I'm not sure how long you have been a Rover sitter, but for many of us it took a considerable amount of time to get their first client.    For me it took 3 months.   You should post your sitter profile link in this conversation and possibly the community will give you feedback for improvements and just plain help.   Post back

DESPONDENT
Dog fanatic

Okay - I'll try that - Here is my sitter profile

https://www.rover.com/sit/marial07143

0 Kudos
OCdogcare
Top dog

I don't know your local market in TN. For anyone starting as a pet sitter, I'd encourage them to use as many sources as they can think of to get business going. Examples are: talk with neighbors who have dogs & cats and talk with others you see out with pets in parks  or businesses (after you say something friendly, let them know you're available to pet sit), leave business cards or flyers where permitted (some pet friendly places who allow it have a section designated), post on social media. 

Looking at your profile I see a couple things I'd suggest considering.

Your boarding states you're available Friday evening at 8:00pm through Sunday evening at 9:00pm. My experience is that pet parents often need a larger window and would book more time than that. The other days not mentioned would you be able to accomodate at all? If so, add what you can offer Monday through Friday (some sitters only accept pets who can be crated the entire time they're away and state if they go home at lunch to walk a dog). The other potential issue is that you have a cat and a dog. Some owners may not know how their pet would do in that mixed company. Would you be able to give the cat its own space, so you can state in the profile where it has its happy area?  Also the sentence about "make arrangements to text a few pictures" stands out, as many people expect that you will communicate by text and send pictures daily. Using Rover platform, you can upload digital camera photos and send messages to their rover number (which for many directs to their cell phone as a text message) even if you're not using a cell phone to text.

WaltG
Top dog

I second that your limited availability is hindering your ability to acquire clients.   You should also add more dog sizes as you have limited them to 41-100lbs.  

Take and pass the Rover 101 quiz and get the badge it is very important  

https://www.rover.com/rover-101/?fbclid=IwAR33KxKMdzlIVfvcdv8nZR8xLjru1B0uqOkh7qS2BcxqirbsHdjwYDTsZ_...

Try to add better photos too your profile as they are what attracts clients, yours don't.

You should ask friends and families to add more testimonials as having fresh and current ones help with the client search.

Best of luck - and really look at your availability that is the key issue.  Best of luck

Highlighted
CindyG
Champ

I am very disappointed in reviewing this thread.

Walt and ocdogcare posted some EXCELLENT information on how to improve your business.  They spent time and effort doing so.  This thread was posted in December, the OP has not applied any of the suggested changes, nor has she replied to this thread.  So why bother to ask, and make people sacrifice their precious time?

I am new to Rover (in my 4th month) and have received a LOT of helpful advice from those offering it.  It is very disappointing to see people ask questions and then either not respond or apply suggestions.  It makes those experienced and providing advice less inclined to do so for others.