cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Olivia18
Dog fanatic

Overnight stay

I have a lot of people requesting overnight stays . I’m currently breast feeding a 5 month old so I would either have to have my child with me or be able to leave as needed to feed him. Are sitters expected to stay the entire time they are booked for overnight stays ?? I have multiple people requesting I stay for a week and that’s a long time being apart from my child and I’m not sure what the terms of staying the night are. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
CindyG
Champ

Re: Overnight stay

Every owner will be different, some may want more, some less.  You'll have to discuss each request to determine what their needs are, and if you want to provide that level of service.

I've seen sitters clearly outline what they provide as regards housesitting in their profile.  I suggest you include this info in your profile, and when you get new requests confirm they've read it.  

It's good to establish boundaries in what you will and will not provide, it helps clients know what to expect and allows you to prioritize better.

OCdogcare
Top dog

Cindy's answer is right - every client is different and you really should state what you're able to provide in your  profile and again in communications (meet&greet and booking processes).

Rover's guidelines indicate that House Sitting generally is for up to 24 hours per night.

Some pet owners may be okay with you coming & going to care for your child, especially if they basically wanted multiple walks daily and your house sitting rate is less than they'd pay for the desired number of walks. However, if your house sitting rate is on the upper end of the scale to be all inclusive service wise, the owner will likely expect you to spend more hours in their home and with their pet(s).

It's not advisable to bring your young child with you.  A dog who doesn't know you or your child well can be unpredictable, especially when you're in their home and any injury to your child will be 100% your risk and responsibility (not Rover's or the owners).

OCdogcare
Top dog

BTW, house sitting requests very commonly are for a week or longer.

0 Kudos
RobertE13967
Dog fanatic

hi am bob i do sitting how much does rover get 

0 Kudos
WaltG
Top dog

0 Kudos