cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annee
Dog fanatic

Profile question - Are you a member of any of the following organizations?

This question appears on the sitter profile with check boxes for APSE, dog*tech, IAABC, and Petsit USA. What are the costs and benefits of membership in these organizations? Thank you.

3 Replies
Highlighted
WaltG
Top dog

Re: Profile question - Are you a member of any of the following organizations?

The benefits of these organizations are to provide you with training and education, for the most part, you have to determine whether or not it is beneficial to you and your Rover business.   Costs vary so it would be easier for you to visit their sites, determine their annual costs and whether their offerings are good for you.    Just as a note I don't belong to any of them

The better question: does it lift your profile standings when clients search?

Myjalo
Champ

I have considered joining one of these myself for more indepth training and the mention on my profile . Not sure of all the perks yet. I put it on the back burner for now. Just be aware, I have seen some social media posts where they frown on Rover sitters as not being professional. Some are even Rover sitters themselves. So they are a mixed bag of opinions. Personally, I don't care about their comments. All independent contractors in any profession speak for themselves by the level of service they give their client. That is my goal. But if a client sees the attached organization and it gives them the idea you are "more qualified" to care for their pet, it may be worth it.

0 Kudos