cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel
Dog fanatic

Rover Sitter Tags

This is a suggestion from one of my guests Mom and I think it's a great idea.  Her fur kid has tags, however they were going to be out of country and out of communication.  Her concern was what if he got out, how would someone know to call you.  Good quesiton !  She suggested I get temporary "Sitter Tags" with my name and number so I can put on my guests whilst they are here.  This was such a good idea I had some made up with quick clips so they're easy on, and easy off.  It also helps when you get that guest in that doesn't have tags at all.  

Happy Sitting 

6 Replies
melimurfyy
Dog person

Re: Rover Sitter Tags

Hey Daniel! Rover has had these Rover sitter tags before. I know they mailed me a few last year. the only difference was that it has a Rover emergency support number on it instead of your direct number. Not sure if they stopped doing this or maybe you never received yours? Hopefully they can clear that up for you becuase they are very helpful.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
kellee6
Dog fanatic

Where did you get yours made?
0 Kudos

Just a quick heads up about the comment above, Rover stopped carrying those tags about a year ago. I think the phone number still works, it's just that no new tags are being given out. Hope this helps clear that up! 

DanielaMKE
Dog fanatic

Rover had this as a part of their Premium Package a few years back for their sitters. No longer a thing, but I have made my own at the local pet store!

0 Kudos
PamelaS
Dog person

I agree with this post,... that rover should provide an option for us sitters to be able to obtain tags, with OUR information on it, ... for a very low, discounted cost, (because they would be buying the tags in bulk.)

I can't tell you how many dogs arrive at my home, and the owner has NO identifying tags on their dog, whatsoever.

ilsun920

I loved those Rover tags and they added a layer of protection.  I have only had one dog bolt out our garage door (when left open by un-named husband) and I was beside myself bc it took up 1.5 hours to find her.  I would love to see these Rover tags come back.  I would be willing to pay a small fee to have them sent to me.  

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think they offer this service any longer.

0 Kudos