cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

#TuesdayTips - What has been the most effective way you've gotten the word out about your business?

Hey sitters! Every Tuesday we'll be posing a question for our community to help inspire you as you build and grow your business.

Our first #TuesdaysTips is inspired by a common question we hear–"what can I be doing to get more clients?"

So, let's hear it from you: What's one tactic, channel, or resource you have seen success with as you are building your business?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
OCdogcare
Champ

Re: #TuesdayTips - What has been the most effective way you've gotten the word out about your busine

For a new sitter who wants to grow their business fast, I'd refer them to the idiom: Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Use every source that you can to successfully launch your venture.

Here's a starter list:

Referrals - family, friends, neighbors, people met during walks, at community spaces (parks, events, etc.), and client referrals, which if I had to select one thing having a client RAVE about you to other dog owners who you don't even know is the Best!

Anywhere that allows you to leave business cards (you may want to call before going because some will, but not all) May include some vet practices, groomers, independently owned pet stores, other dog friendly places, apartments, etc. ). If you leave cards, they need to be checked on & refreshed periodically.

Posting online (social media, nextdoor, etc. may work well)

Consider pay for lead sites, where you pay for prospective client contact, because often these people are not using other online sources.

Re: #TuesdayTips - What has been the most effective way you've gotten the word out about your busine

My favorite way to build my business is to get involved in the local community of dog people helping out with local events and local businesses getting to know and love people's dogs before they are your clients. People love helping out their friends so I become friends with more people. I prefer this method best because I don't have to advertise myself I just have to have fun and act positively in my community. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

You're a natural community builder, aren't you @Michaelbosse 

If you haven't read it already, I highly recommend a book called "Superconnector: Stop Networking and Start Building Business Relationships that Matter". It has inspired me as a networker in new ways I hadn't considered!

0 Kudos

@ciaugs@ I have not read that book, but I have not used my audible credit for this month I will definitely check it out. Thank you for the suggestion. The book that inspired me to focus on relationships was a book called "never eat alone" read it and never looked back

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Michaelbosse such a great book! We might need to put a list together of great reads for the Sitter community sometime!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@ciaugs I definitely agree with that

0 Kudos
mirby1977
Dog fanatic

Number one always keep your business cards with your Rover ID in your pocket wallet purse whatever goes with you wherever you go.   Number two go places where you will meet owners and their dogs. Go to the dog park with your clients go to the pet store with your clients go on long walks through neighborhoods were lots of people walk their dogs.  Inevitably you will meet people with their dogs and you can strike up conversations with them and when they ask you about your dog you can say oh this isn’t my dog this is my pet client I’m a professional pet sitter and you can work the conversation around two if they ever need pet sitting then you have in the bag give them your business card and you’ve got a new client