cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What advertising platform do you get the most customers?

Hello! I found this very interesting and helpful for my advertising.

I advertise thru rover, rover match, leaving business cards at many different locations and several different online locations.  I wanted to find out where my advertising is most affective. On my information sheet for the customer I ask:  How/Where did you hear about rover.com?  How did you hear about me?  (When I asked: How did you hear about me, they would always say rover.com so I had to make it 2 questions.)

Some of my customers have been with rover for pet care and found me by rover match, business cards left at pet friendly hotels & apartments, rover search...when I am "open" or a recommendation by another repeat customer.  But Most of my local "new to rover" customers have found me (and rover) by an internet search.  My ad, I think, is at the top and has my rover link.  Even with all the advertising rover does, these customers never heard of rover.com. 

Do you ask the customer at the meet & greet how they found rover?  How they found you?

5 Replies
Derek
Champ

Re: What advertising platform do you get the most customers?

I would say most of my new Rover clients are new to Rover. In conversation, what I’ve heard most is that they’ve found Rover on internet searches for pet sitters. I don’t really ask out right, but it does come up many times in meet & greets. I’ve had a few clients recommend me to their friends and in turn the friend has signed up to Rover and hired me that way.

Mercy
Champ

This is a really good thoughts :-) I do have a form that they need to fill out as well. I might add this to it just out of curiosity. Thanks for the idea!

Highlighted
VDeshambo
Dog fanatic

Most of my clients are new to Rover, which is great because I can give them a promocode! I am also going to be investing in some business cards, T-shirt, bandana, and a yard sign. I have tried nextdoor, but I haven’t gotten much from it. I don’t really bother advertising with Facebook because everyone I know in the area already knows I dog sit/walk. I would love the option to run a local Facebook ad though. Or perhaps “win” a local ad partnered with Rover :) 

0 Kudos

So far all of my clients are brand new to Rover and have been (unfortunately) one-offers that I don't think use Rover again after they utilize my services for a vacation or out-of-state trip.

Does anyone know how long the RoverGo boosts lasts? I've been slammed lately with requests since I joined RG but at the same time my last foster was adopted and I decided to focus on dog sitting so I'm childfree, pet free, and single downtown so I've been bombarded lately. Anyways, I'm not sure which part of that is advertising working in my favor but I'm loving it.

Also, and it might sound stupid, what is Rover match?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ashlisa424 Hopping in to help answer your questions!

The RoverGo boost will last for as long as you are a RoverGo sitter.  It's great to hear that the boost is helping you get lots of requests!

Rover Martch is a service that we offer to owners who contact our customer support team to help them find a sitter.  You can read more about it via this Help Center article.  

Andrea