cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
huskypaws

sitters and trainers

How many of the sitters on here are offical dog trainers?I have been training and reading up on tools with my own dogs...the biggest issue I have found is find an apprenticeship without having to sign a noncompete that does not even allow me to pet sit which helps boost my income for schooling and pay my bills.

2 Replies
WaltG
Top dog

Re: sitters and trainers

In contract law, a non-compete clause (often NCC), or covenant not to compete (CNC), is a clause under which one party (usually an employee) agrees not to enter into or start a similar profession or trade in competition against another party (usually the employer).     I'm pretty sure that pet sitting or dog walking isn't considered a similar profession to dog training; you should discuss this with the potential employer as you are already a sitter.   

Re: sitters and trainers

I became a certified dog trainer through Animal Behavior College in 2007. The first half of the course is done with books and tests and the second half is when you take classes from your "mentor". You go through 3 separate classes with your mentor. By the 3rd class, you are ready to teach part of the class along with your mentor. They don't have you sign any type of agreement, they encourage you to succeed.

0 Kudos