cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jennya1978
Dog fanatic

How do I get clients

I just became a sitter and I am wondering how long it takes to receive clients? I am available to pet sit , walk, boarding and house sit. I followed all the rover 101 suggestions and have not had any clients. I’ve put my client ID along with the promo code for new clients on social media but nothing. How long does it take to receive a client? I don’t know what else to do to promote my services

4 Replies
WaltG
Top dog

Re: How do I get clients

There is no set time for new sitters to acquire clients, for some it happens very quickly for others it can take months.     It is common for new sitters to have the community review your profile and make suggestions for improvement or to correct deficiencies.   Post your Rover profile link from your dashboard and we can take a look for you.  Best of luck 

0 Kudos
twinkltoes

HI THERE,

I'M IN THE SAME BOAT. Just registered a few weeks ago and haven't got one bite (no pun intended). There are so many walkers in my area I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong :) ...

LG

0 Kudos
DanaL
Dog fanatic

I would suggest posting pictures of you with your pet ,and other pet's ie family and or friends. Ugh! Its all how you market your self and your space. Look through other sitters profile pictures ( top sitters in your area). Great pet pic's with you and the pet having a blast is what gets the response.

If you have not done so already...

0 Kudos
DanaL
Dog fanatic

Sorry just thought of another idea to share with you. Besides linking the Rover link to your social media accounts, I actually invested in the rover shirts. I wear them when running around locally, food shopping, my childrens activites. Even to casual resturants, they are so bright people instantly see me.  Since I am local they open the app and may remember my face.  

Just another suggestion that has worked for me.

0 Kudos