cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielaMKE
Dog fanatic

Regional or Community Representatives/Managers

One of the things I've recommended to Rover in the past is the idea of hiring possible Community Reps/Managers for major cities and regions. If you're a frequent Yelp.com user, you probably have gotten a message from one of their community managers --- a person who serves as an ambassador of Yelp for new yelp users and advertises at events in which Yelp sponsors/contributes to. They usually serve as a source to answer questions, give advice, education and training on the Yelp platform.

What I imagine this would look like for Rover is a few representatives across the country, some representing regions (Midwest, Southwest, etc.) and some representing major cities (NY, Chicago, LA, etc.). An ideal Community Rep/Manager would be a well versed sitter who knows the Rover platform pretty well, mentors new sitters, guides them to answers for questions they may have, gives trainings and workshops on important aspects of pet sitting (so, Pet CPR/ Pet First Aid, etc.) as well as important parts of using Rover (how to market their Rover services, how to write an excellent profile, etc.), and also represents Rover at community events (e.g., farmers markets, pet care expos, etc.) that will give Rover more of a personal presence in the cities and regions it serves, gaining them more advertising to gain more sitters AND more new clients.

Thoughts on this?

5 Replies
DogPalacebyJess
Dog person

Re: Regional or Community Representatives/Managers

They were exploring this idea several years ago, and tapped me as their regional brand rep, but ultimately nixed the program to my knowledge. I'm a Yelp ambassador and Yelp compensates its ambassadors with products from their partners and parties a few times a year with vendors they are partnered with providing food and beverages. Even something like that would be awesome, but ultimately I think the platform would have a greater retention rate with established and compensated community leaders, especially in major city hubs. I like the idea of this beta test and that it offers some of the top sitters on the platform a forum to communicate suggestions for improvement to Rover, but you can't replace face-to-face or at least direct lines of communication. Not to mention that we all obviously love this app since we're doing free market research for Rover 😊 I love Rover too, and am incredibly invested in its success! I'm excited to see what improvements will come from this beta test! 

DanielaMKE
Dog fanatic

@DogPalacebyJess I definitely agree - I've worked for Yelp in the past as a CM and as an ambassador and really enjoyed mentoring and creating a physical presence of their brand in my city! Nothing replaces that face-to-face experience.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DanielaMKE - I LOVE this idea!  Thanks for sending it my way.  This might not be something that we can roll out in the short term (@bea and I are a small community team of two right now) but I will definitely think about how we might execute a program like this in the future.  

didia
Dog fanatic

This will be amazing and I'd be so up for the task!! :)

I love what I do and I am grateful for Rover for giving me the platform to be able to do what I love doing! That is why I spend a lot of time on the website and always share with the representatives what I think works or not. 

I would love to help that happen on a more expanded basis for sure! This is certainly something that will benefit both Rover.com and us, the sitters. 

kat
Dog person

Yes, I totally agree! Right now support for sitters is mostly happening on FB. I know when I started I had a huge amount of extra time and was able to just sit and read through all the posts on Rover.

I always try to champion Rover when out and about.