cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Welcome to Suggestions for the Community

@Ghoulia Great idea.  We can float good questions or hot topics, and as we start to get good discussion threads I can create a commonly asked questions post as well (I kind of did that with this post, but this links out to Help Center content versus community discussion strings).  And of course, I'll always encourage members to search for answers before asking to minimize duplication :) (as outlined in our community guidelines!)

Community Manager
Community Manager

@HuntingtonBeach First of all, congrats on earning this badge!  (And thanks for spending time in the community).  If you're referring to the badge e-mail you received, yes I am aware of this issue.  Because our community is currently password protected, the site isn't passing over images to e-mail properly.  They should work find as soon as we remove the password protection (I'm aiming to do this next week - just want to make sure all the kinks are worked out, first!)

0 Kudos
dlauritz1
Dog fanatic

Good morning Rovers.... I hope that this message doesn't appear on this form twice, before I hit the send button my previous message went away so I don't know where it went. 

I too would like to reach out to anyone in Jacksonville Florida, Saint Augustine, and Fernandina / Amelia Island.

Let's see what we can do to build our own little Network so we can be here to help one another. We can help with questions about specific dogs....problems with them...generally needing help....putting together search parties for runaway client dogs.  I know many people probably have questions about how to determine if a pitbull is a good client dog. How do you stop dogs from digging holes in your yard how to help with cleanup issues. Actually the list is endless.

So please just give a quick post here and I look forward to finding out who else is here in Jacksonville so we can be there for each other

dlauritz1
Dog fanatic

I too...have spoken with Rover about this issue....we need local support for the sitter and the dogs that we love.

I would be delighted to get involved here in Jax, Florida

Highlighted
didia
Dog fanatic

The performance scores need to be removed. 

It creates unnecessary competition plus they really do not serve a purpose. 

I am one of the most active sitters in Brooklyn area because I do this full-time therefore I have many many recurring clients and most times I don't have the space for a new pup.

I do update my calendar regularly as I spend a lot of time on Rover.com and I talked about this with many Rover representative over the phone. 

Now in a message it says "this request doesn't match your preferences" but I really don't think it works. If I archive 3 new requests my score will go down drastically but at the same time I book 20+ clients (repeat) and that doesn't affect it one bit. 

I'm still a very active sitter with the most number of reviews and repeat clients. It can be a little frustrating when you do your job at its best and then see that number changes totally out of your control and because of that you go down below on the first page. I don't like it, it is demotivating.

Thank you for this platform. I think it is a great idea, we really needed it. 

Best,

-Didi

didia
Dog fanatic

I agree with this %100 

didia
Dog fanatic

Yes, area ambassadors sound great!

We can set up meetings, brunches, get to know one another and pass each other clients that we cannot take. I do daycare and going away for a vacation for me is a lot of planning because people who go to work, they rely on me and most of the time they don't have back ups. Of course, we do need to get away, too but if iwe could make it easier arranging a sitter friend for my pups while I'm away and vice versa, that would be just amazing!

Right now the way Rover is designed, it is more competitive. By creating a strong community, we can base it on friendship, professionalism and support. 

Also, when replying to another sitter's suggestion, the comment doesn't seem right below but on the last page...

Dogmom24
Dog fanatic

My brother lived in Fernadina Beach many years ago and it's my one of my favorite places.  He moved to Orange Park and raised his son and now is in Orlando.  I still love Fernandina. 

0 Kudos
didia
Dog fanatic

As you may know, in some cities/parts of the States doing dog sitting done in our homes may not be fully legal or there are certain regulations or rules. 

Most sitters should be aware of the regulations required by their city.

I'm from Brooklyn, New York and that is one those cities :(

I know Rover's legal team are fighting to change the law here in New York but I wish we were being informed about how this whole thing's going and where. If there's anything we could do as NYC sitters, like getting together, collecting signatures, making dog owners aware of this... I don't know just throwing ideas here... If we could be informed/directed, that would be amazing. 

Even though, it is mainly a sitter's responsibility to know the rules in their city, when a someone signs up to be a sitter let's say in a city in Florida, Rover can send an email informing the sitter about the regulations for doing this in their homes in that particular city. It's really not that hard. 

It also can be an indication that Rover really cares for its sitters. 

Thank you.

OCdogcare
Champ

So far, I like this community.

The navigation is starting to seem somewhat unwieldy. Is it possible for the format to list more than six topics per page? By comparison, the Q&A community lists about thirty per page and it's a lot easier to see what's new. Thanks.

0 Kudos