cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erica214
Dog fanatic

Re: Welcome to Suggestions for the Community

I absolutely love this forum.  I know that there are a lot of questions we are asked by new guests all the time when it comes to the website, like the maps and host placement.  And especially tech questions that are outside of my knowledge.  I know we are constantly asked about comparisons so being able to have a cohesive community to be able to process information would be amazing.

Highlighted
Erica214
Dog fanatic

I would love to see more of what you all plan for the Rover News area.  It would be great to highlight a sitter/walker once a week on this.  No matter what the experience level or how many reviews that they have. But have 10 interesting facts about a certain host each week. Just a quick read, that would be fun! 

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Erica214 This is a great idea - we'll do it!

TimD
Champ

So far the forum can get to feeling like a popularity contest.  I suppose there’s no way around it.  Contributors of worth need Kudos. 

Perhaps I’m old school. 😎

TimD
Champ

Well said. 👍

0 Kudos
Ghoulia
Dog fanatic

I know you can't do nested comments.  Is there a way to show who you are replying to with formatting?  I'm thinking of reddit, where you can show a quote in a response with this symbol: >

This shows that you are responding to a certain comment, which is indented with a line.  

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ghoulia That's a great suggestion - I'll look into it today!

0 Kudos
Derek
Champ

Not sure if this would be helpful much, but how about adding private messaging? Maybe something to think about for the (future) localized communities? Also in the “my profile” page; being able to categorize the things on the feed by tab. “Got kudos” “replied to” “got reply” etc?

Derek
Champ

Not sure if anyone suggested it yet or maybe it already works that way... but I thought of having some kind of notice or “feed” that lets us know when someone @‘s us or reply’s to our posts directly, making it easier for us to keep up with the conversation...

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Derek Thanks for the suggestions, and great news - our community already offers both of those features (the ability to send private messages, and the ability to receive e-mail notifications if you've been @ mentioned, received a badge, moved up in rank, etc.)

To learn more about both of these features, head over to the help page and specifically check out the sections "bookmarks, subscriptions, and rss" and "private messenger."

0 Kudos