cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Suggestions for the Community

We built this community for you, and we want to ensure that it continues to be a useful place for all sitters to interact with Rover and each other.  If you have any suggestions for how we can improve your experience in this community, please share them on this board. For example, are there any discussion categories that you think would be helpful?  Do you have ideas for how we can build community beyond this platform?  If so, we'd love to hear them!

If you have specific product-related ideas, this is not the place to share them (we will have specific forums for those conversations down the road).

Labels (1)
37 Replies
Ghoulia
Dog fanatic

Re: Welcome to Suggestions for the Community

Will there be stickied posts like on Facebook and reddit? I foresee a lot of questions about the same thing. It might be helpful to have one running thread about commonly asked questions.
melimurfyy
Dog person

I think a great discussion category may be one that connects sitters/walkers to other sitter/walkers in their neighborhood so that we can help each other out if we ever need backups or help taking over a job, etc. 

melinfab
Dog person

To follow up on melimurfyy's suggestion, for those of us working in cities, it would be great to be able to organize an evening happy hour or some other sort of get together so that we can better get to know and feel confident about referring clients to other sitters when we're overwhelmed with requests.

DogPalacebyJess
Dog person

I've worked for Rover since a little less than a year after its founding, and at one point in time, their marketing department was floating the idea of hiring community ambassadors to be area brand reps in major hubs and also to organize and host events to connect sitters in the area. They reached out to me to possibly fill the position here in Denver but shortly thereafter decided not to pursue the program. It would have been a great help to have a network here all these years- I've lost countless regular clients to other dog care services because I didn't have availability or a back up during busy seasons.

HuntingtonBeach
Dog person

I would like to see an area where we can easily connect with other sitters in our area to use as backups when needed.  I have had to turn away dogs who would have stayed an entire week only because I wasn't available on one of the days.  It would be nice to have partners to work with that we can connect with easily.

HuntingtonBeach
Dog person

BTW, I just submitted one comment and received a "major reader / 10 messages badge."  I like the badge, but I'm not sure if that is programmed correctly. 

Beverley
Dog fanatic

I agree that help connecting sitters to other sitters would be great.

I loved the old idea of ambassadors for areas. I think it could also help w making connections, referring clients to each other and building a strong, educated community.

Many of us are on several Rover groups on FB. It would be nice to have Rover more active there, or making this community easier to search through. Sadly, more ppl are on FB so they don’t tend to migrate away from their preferred websites.

A lot of the info shared on FB is truly the basic stuff, like what to bring to meet n greet, what questions to ask for a housesitting gig, or how to work w dogs. It would be helpful if these FAQ type requests were turned into articles and were pinned for newbies to see regularly.

Beverley
Dog fanatic

I am in Alexandria, VA just outside of Old Town. If anyone in my back yard would like to make contact, please do. 

0 Kudos