cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Biancalasto
Dog fanatic

Help with attracting my first client!

Hello everyone! I need your help please! Give me advice on how to get my first client. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OCdogcare
Top dog

Re: Help with attracting my first client!

For House Sitting, your availablity as it is shown is the most likely cause you're not getting contacted. For House Sitting, it appears you're mostly available 1 day/week (Sunday). Most House Sitting assignments are for much longer (multiple days, a week, or weeks) . With three dogs of your own to care for, as well as being a college student, I'd understand if you couldn't arrange to be away at someone else's home caring for their pets. If I was looking for a house sitter though, I'd be looking for someone with more time available to dote on my pet. By the way, holiday rate is usually more than regular rate and for house sitting yours would charge $2 less.

Your availability for walks and drop in visits looks fine. I don't understand why the rate for drop-in's is $5 more than walks. Both are for 30 minutes of your time, so many sitters charge the same rate.

Regarding the number of years caring for an animal, I'd suggest that number should reflect adult years as primary caregiver or work in a pet environment (i.e. shelter).

Beyond that, I'd encourage you to get the word out through as many ways as you can, such as face to face introductions, business card distribution, and social media. This thread fom last year has responses from a few people.

https://community.rover.com/t5/Sitter-Sharing/TuesdayTips-What-has-been-the-most-effective-way-you-v...

You may find more ideas either in this community or the more established Q&A community (link at the bottem of the page).

1 Reply
OCdogcare
Top dog

Re: Help with attracting my first client!

For House Sitting, your availablity as it is shown is the most likely cause you're not getting contacted. For House Sitting, it appears you're mostly available 1 day/week (Sunday). Most House Sitting assignments are for much longer (multiple days, a week, or weeks) . With three dogs of your own to care for, as well as being a college student, I'd understand if you couldn't arrange to be away at someone else's home caring for their pets. If I was looking for a house sitter though, I'd be looking for someone with more time available to dote on my pet. By the way, holiday rate is usually more than regular rate and for house sitting yours would charge $2 less.

Your availability for walks and drop in visits looks fine. I don't understand why the rate for drop-in's is $5 more than walks. Both are for 30 minutes of your time, so many sitters charge the same rate.

Regarding the number of years caring for an animal, I'd suggest that number should reflect adult years as primary caregiver or work in a pet environment (i.e. shelter).

Beyond that, I'd encourage you to get the word out through as many ways as you can, such as face to face introductions, business card distribution, and social media. This thread fom last year has responses from a few people.

https://community.rover.com/t5/Sitter-Sharing/TuesdayTips-What-has-been-the-most-effective-way-you-v...

You may find more ideas either in this community or the more established Q&A community (link at the bottem of the page).