cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
clotlewski

Offer Outside of Service Area

Hi everyone!

I’m brand new and still figuring things out, so bare with me! 

I live in Commerce Twp., MI and my service area is a 10 mile radius. I’m about 40 minutes north of Detroit. I received my first request yesterday and it was in a very dangerous neighborhood in Detroit. I replied that it was 20 miles one way and out of my zone, wished them luck etc. Because I simply didn’t feel comfortable.

I know you can choose at your discretion, however it made me wonder...are there scammers out there? I also work for Shipt (grocery delivery service) and we get fraud orders by people placing orders with stolen credit cards and/or have deliveries to abandoned houses in Detroit. 

Any helpful advice and tips are welcome! 

Thanks!

Connie 

1 Reply
OCdogcare
Top dog

Re: Offer Outside of Service Area

I'm surprised nobody replied to your question yet. 

Rover is significantly different from Shipt, in that the users are looking for someone to provide services for their pet(s), either at their own home or the sitter's residence. It's advisable to conduct a complimentary meet & greet, which requires both parties taking the time to ensure it's a good match. When a user clicks Book It Now on Rover, their credit card is charged immediately. Generally, the sitter is paid 2-3 days after the booking is complete.  That said, issues or disputes can arise, which Rover may try to remedy. 

Certainly, it's a good idea to decline any requests that you think are not safe (such as the example you provided of a dangerous neighborhood) or are not a good match.  Rover collects name, address, and credit card from potential users of their services, but does not background check them.

0 Kudos